Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.

Collected my car yesterday (or rather friday now) and could use some advice about some issues,

1. The car was find but has lots of glue like substances all over the car, this came off when wiped so hopefully it will all come off when detailed.

2. I picked the car up from stockport and drove straight home (about 45 minutes), when I got home, I noticed a scratch on the front bumper! (see attached picture) Checked dashcam and sentrymode but nothing. Spoke to my detailer and he said it won't have happened on the motorway and most likely it happened whilst with dealer and they polished it when i picked up.
It only showed when I tried wiping away the dead bugs with a slightly damp cloth. He managed to buff it out and he said it's 90-95% sorted and i can't see it anymore but should I just leave it or report to Tesla?
See image here: Imgur
ex5hLLY

3. There is a leak coming from the underside, normally where the engine would be.
My friend said it is the Air Conditioning unit, however when I spoke to Telsa, they said the AC leaking was normal? This leaks a lot and he said that when it is warm then it will leak?

4. Is there seriously only one reversing light??

5. Anyone know if normal number plates fit on the Tesla number plate holder? How do I switch them out?

Congrats on the new car :)

1. yes, give it a good wash
2. Sounds like your guy has already done what Tesla would have done had you pointed it out. NFA
3. That’s the aircon taking the moisture out of the air in the cabin. Very normal
4. Yes. One reverse, one fog. Also quite normal on lots of makes.
5. Yes, number plates are all the same size

2. Is report (within first 100 miles) You can always cancel if you decide you’re happy with it.

3. After washing and rain my car stores a small amount of water toward the rear (rear bumper?) which the pours/drips/pools out when I drive. Parked slight, incline nose upwards. Disconcerting but normal.

2. I doubt Tesla would now rectify anything that your detailer has treated - I was told not to touch anything before reporting in the app & awaiting a service appointment otherwise it nullifies their responsibility.
3. Supercharging on a very hot day/aircon running it looked like a river of liquid pouring from beneath my car & a small lake when I drove away

4. Completely normal. It’s the humidity the A/C takes out of the air. All cars with A/C do it.

5. The metal Tesla plates are quite a bit thinner than normal plastic plates. Also the Tesla plate holders are rattling crap! Here’s a post I wrote about swapping to stick-on plates, but it also tells you how to remove the plate from the holder:

Stick on number plate

Thanks all,

Also forgot to mention, I called Tesla and asked for a set of plates to be made (private plate) to fit the Tesla, the guy on the phone explained they were done for free but now they have to charge for them and this would be done when I pick the car up, however on collection day, no one charged me and they said the plates are in the boot.

Have I got them for free or will I be charged to my credit card on my Tesla account?