Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection: Driving License Address?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collecting in two weeks from Heathrow (yipee)
The address printed on my driving license (plastic card style) does not match my home address (or Blackhorse finance address, etc). I moved a while ago but never got around to updating the license.

Could this be an issue?

The address printed on my driving license (plastic card style) does not match my home address (or Blackhorse finance address, etc). I moved a while ago but never got around to updating the license.

Could this be an issue?
It could well be an issue. I suggest you take a second form of address ID, like a bank statement or utility bill, and your passport.

The penalty for not changing the address on your DL is a fine up to £1000!

Reactions: Adopado

Could this be an issue?

Yes it could. When I went in to chat to the guys at Stockport the made it clear that your driving licence needs to match your address. - tp tie in with V5 and finance. I'm surprised it wasn't picked up when you submitted it as part of the order process unless you've moved since.
I understand that it's also an offence.

Could this be an issue?
By not updating your address you have committed an offence. You are now liable to prosecution for failing to notify a change of address and because of this your insurance is probably void, so this could result in a fine, a driving ban and your current vehicle being sized and crushed.

I'm pretty sure I uploaded a copy of my license as part of the sales process - I guess they just didn't notice the mismatch.

I've just requested to change the address online with the DVLA and they've said new license in two weeks, so I may need to push back my delivery slot.

I'm pretty sure I uploaded a copy of my license as part of the sales process - I guess they just didn't notice the mismatch.

I've just requested to change the address online with the DVLA and they've said new license in two weeks, so I may need to push back my delivery slot.
I’d contact Tesla and explain the situation, and ask them if they will accept an alternative.

I renewed my photocard recently. Similar positive experience. 5 minutes in WH Smiths and new photocard came really quick. Would have been easier if it had picked up my details from my passport as it said it could (I suspect because new passport didn't have signature on file) - its the reason I renewed my passport which was even easier (photo part and verification worked like clockwork) and again super quick.

Last edited:
Reactions: timpharrison