Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection of my inexpensive mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ELwire on the back doors. XKGlow everywhere else.

20200427_220216.jpg

20200427_220318.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PNWLeccy
These are some awesome comparisons! I think you mentioned there’s a lot of customizations you can make with the xkglow but can you dim them at all? I kind of like the more subdued intensity of el wire but like some of the other things you can make the leds do that el can’t.

These are some awesome comparisons! I think you mentioned there’s a lot of customizations you can make with the xkglow but can you dim them at all? I kind of like the more subdued intensity of el wire but like some of the other things you can make the leds do that el can’t.

Oh yes.... you can dim them.

I should have.

I didn't know my camera ( phone ) would go berserk with the colors.

It looks 100% better in person. the XKglow doesn't really look as loud as the pictures.

The best representation ( which is still crazy looking ) are the pics where I kept the interior lights on and the seats were white.

@Garlan Garner do you have a picture of how you wired your lights on the door panel from inside the panel to the Alcantara insert?

I wired up the door but the only way to cleanly run the wire from inside the panel to the outside was through the top crease above the alacantara insert

Attachments

• 368B973B-7E52-457A-8871-C235B39605E7.jpeg
    368B973B-7E52-457A-8871-C235B39605E7.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 46
@Garlan Garner do you have a picture of how you wired your lights on the door panel from inside the panel to the Alcantara insert?

I wired up the door but the only way to cleanly run the wire from inside the panel to the outside was through the top crease above the alacantara insert
@Garlan Garner Specifically, what’s the best way to feed the el wire from the top gap and the Alcantara insert trim gap?
BBC9EE06-BAE2-44D7-9D26-EABC42B4F82C.jpeg
C2E51984-2390-4866-9C2D-1111ABDEA03C.jpeg

Those of you who have done the LED string lighting...is it possible to tap into the footwell lights for power so that the LED string lights dim when driving and turn off on their own when the car is parked?
Thats what I've done. Tapped into VC_Left near the driver footwell. I wanted it to be as OEM as possible and I can dim with the on screen brightness control

Reactions: WarpedOne
Yea T-tapped and I have abstract ocean replacement lights in doors and footwell that draw more power than the originals but have not had any issue or cutouts.

note: I’m using el wire vs some others that are using leds which may draw more power

• Informative
Reactions: kpeng
  • Informative
Reactions: kpeng