Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection of my inexpensive mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea T-tapped and I have abstract ocean replacement lights in doors and footwell that draw more power than the originals but have not had any issue or cutouts.

note: I’m using el wire vs some others that are using leds which may draw more power

Last question. I bought the same taps and EL wire as you. Tried to tap into my passenger side footwell light for power today and it tripped the fuse. So neither the footwell light itself or the EL wire lit up. I disconnected the EL wire after that, and after an hour...the footwell light came back on. Did you experience this when you first hooked it up too?

Last question. I bought the same taps and EL wire as you. Tried to tap into my passenger side footwell light for power today and it tripped the fuse. So neither the footwell light itself or the EL wire lit up. I disconnected the EL wire after that, and after an hour...the footwell light came back on. Did you experience this when you first hooked it up too?
I didn't tap the actual footwell light itself but rather did it from the panel on the left of the brake pedal on the driver side. I'll try to do a longer post on all of my lighting mods when I finish the other door (waiting on supplies) Hopefully these pics help enough for now.
AE96ABDA-CCAD-4916-B53A-0A753B6200A3.jpeg
B9A7D42C-5FDC-4198-8C65-4C956DD99A2D.jpeg

I didn't tap the actual footwell light itself but rather did it from the panel on the left of the brake pedal on the driver side. I'll try to do a longer post on all of my lighting mods when I finish the other door (waiting on supplies) Hopefully these pics help enough for now. View attachment 544872View attachment 544873

Oh...well damn...I thought you tapped the footwell lights so I just wasted 2 hours yesterday trying different things with the footwell light and causing the circuit to trip the fuse.

I'm assuming this is the "VC Left" that everyone talks about.