Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection timings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Expected collection in March, hoping its late feb so I can get it earlier (any experience?)

However my main question was, how long do they allow you to collect? I was informed its 7 days?
But also the latest time to arrive, as I need to placeholder my work diary

Thanks

Expect, hope . . . I think hope is more appropriate with Tesla. I ordered in October and did everything they told me to do to get a 1st March delivery. They now tell me probably mid March . . . I 'hope' it will be mid March, I 'expect' it will ne later!!!

What the hell are they doing . . . they know what's on the boat, they know where the boat is, they know where I am on the list, WHY can't they give me a definite date???

However my main question was, how long do they allow you to collect? I was informed its 7 days?
I got a 3 day window to book my collection (23-25 Feb). The text message notification that it's ready to book says you have to respond within 1 day too, so there doesn't appear to be much wiggle room. Mine was an inventory order though, so may be slightly different.

I got a 3 day window to book my collection (23-25 Feb). The text message notification that it's ready to book says you have to respond within 1 day too, so there doesn't appear to be much wiggle room. Mine was an inventory order though, so may be slightly different.
I was given a choice of 23rd, 24th or 26th of December! Not the most convenient, I have to say, but not really complaining since I was expecting a February delivery. EDIT: And was more than happy to accept the crazily high trade-in offer on my Prius before they changed their mind 🙂

Does that make you miss out on a car then?
If it's the end of a quarter then I strongly suspect they will give the car to someone else rather than push delivery into the new quarter....

What happens if you book a different date than the small window offered?
I got a text last night with a pick up date and time. Called this morning and explained I couldn't make it that day and they let me re-schedule for the following day. my understanding is they would hold it for up to a week before allocating to someone else and you then go to the back of the queue.