Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collective Roadster Album

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you guys get 5 roadsters at Yosemeti??? Gorgeous picture. Must have been amazing to drive around there with the top down
This trip predated the 3.0 upgrade, and the distance from our homes at various locations around the San Francisco Bay Area to Yosemite Valley was near 200 miles and uphill, so that was beyond comfortable range and without any charging opportunity in the valley. So instead we made it a three-day road trip. We gathered in Livermore for brunch and then drove to a campground and hotel on Hwy 120 about 37 miles from the valley. We charged there overnight, then the next day drove into and around Yosemite and back to the campground for another overnight recharge. The third day we drove home.

The extra excitement on this trip was that we blew the old transformer at the campground with our charging load (although it seemed like that would be less load than a campground full of air conditioners in the summer). PG&E came in the middle of the night and replaced it with a bigger one so we were able to finish charging.

Indeed, a topless electric vehicle is perfect for driving in Yosemite. My wife and I repeated the trip by ourselves in 2018. This time with the 3.0 battery and with a Destination Charger at the Ahwahnee we could go directly there, spend a day or two, and then drive directly home.

A visit to where it all started...

Tesla balanced.jpg

• Love
Reactions: tvuolo and drewski
It rained on my delivery day 4/2/2009, resulting in this image which was used by the Seattle store for a while thereafter.
DSC_0400a.jpg

That's my son on the far side taking on, and beating, a Sport model in the quarter mile at Pacific Raceways in Seattle. 8/7/2009
DSC_1201.jpg

The NW Tesla Roadster Club gathered at the Puget Sound Energy Wild Horse Wind Facility 10/18/2009.
DSC_3481.jpg

The first hitch and bike rack ever mounted on a Tesla. Both vehicles are carbon fiber and neither use fossil fuels! :)
DSC_6913.jpg