Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collective Roadster Album

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roadster 901 winning The People's Choice Award at the San Diego County Fair.
iPhoto Library.png

Roadster 901 at San Diego bay.
_DSC2685.jpeg

Attachments

• _DSC2685 2.jpeg
    _DSC2685 2.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 45
@PV4EV What kind of painted top are you using in the second picture? Is that a lotus elise top on there?

Yup. Totally standard Elise double-skinned hard top. Fits without any mods. However, to improve analog AM/FM radio reception I fitted a copper ground plane into the additional sound proofing layers. Checkout the photos in this ancient 2014 thread !

Improving Radio Reception and/or Fitting Elise Hard Top

The roof can be seen in use in my 2nd and 8th photos further up this thread.

• Informative
Reactions: Hsujonn
And .. another one !
Roadster 2560 cpy.jpg

The Roadster is sadly missed to this day for all that it taught me about energy usage and
guilt free acceleration after years of Italian ICE's that that Swedish kid would hate ..

But now replaced by its big brother with 5 seats, better sat nav, decent audio, magic carpet ride comfort,
free energy, no tax, massive load carrying capacity .. and an additional 500 BHP for 14m/s^2 of thrust!

Gge just about big enough for MS.jpg

But now replaced by its big brother with 5 seats, better sat nav, decent audio, magic carpet ride comfort,
free energy, no tax, massive load carrying capacity .. and an additional 500 BHP for 14m/s^2 of thrust!
Something suggests Metallic Blue is a fixture :cool: ... good to 'see you' on here, again.

You must share all that Roadster aerodynamic research on here, along with the lower drag / efficiency results.
I saw 'your car' at last years fully charged live - still running well, if a tad unkempt :rolleyes: