Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

College Tour to Boston Need Hotel Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking my daughter to visit several schools in Boston and the surrounding area in February and would like some hotel recommendations. We are looking to stay 2 nights and will need to charge while there. I would like to stay in a hotel with charging facilities or one near a garage with facilities. I have identified the The Lenox which looks nice but is a little pricey when you add the $43/night for valet parking.

Any thoughts?

Here is the proposed itinerary in case it helps.

Wednesday - Drive from West Dover VT to Brandeis University 125 miles. I should be able to top off at Brandeis as they have a charger. Drive from Brandeis to Harvard, 15 miles then to hotel.

Thursday - Depending on location of hotel drive or take T to Tufts University then return to Boston and spend afternoon touring city.

Friday - Tour Boston University (probably take T) and then drive back to West Dover VT ~150 miles

Thanks.

Try Aloft Hotel in Lexington. There's a ChargePoint at the Element Hotel next door which can be used by Aloft customers as well. The two hotels share the same outdoor parking lot. Charger is free. (240V/30A) This is fairly convenient to Tufts. My son just graduated from Tufts last spring.

If needed, you can also grab a 70A charge at the Tesla store in Natick. I recommend calling ahead to arrange that.

If you end up staying at a hotel in Downtown Boston, the "Garage at Post Office Square" has (7) 30A J-1772 ChargePoints, on the first floor as you drive in. The garage is a little pricey, but it is located right in downtown Boston. Closest hotel is the "Langham" accross the street (also pricey): Boston Hotels | Official Site The Langham Boston | Luxury Hotel

http://www.posquare.com/services.html

"Electric Vehicle Charging Stations

We have seven Level 2 EV Charging Stations on the Lobby Level near the Garage Office. The Garage is part of the Chargepoint network. There is no fee to use the stations, but regular parking rates apply as you exit the Garage. The charging stations are available on a first-come, first served basis. Availability of the stations is shown on chargepoint.net as post office sq. Join the Chargepoint network for an ID card to activate the charging station, or see a Garage manager for assistance"

P.S. you are close to the Red Line, Blue Line and Orange line, and not far from the Green line from Post Office Square.
BU is on the Green line, Harvard is on the Red line & Tufts is at the Davis Square stop Red line.

Last edited:
Try Aloft Hotel in Lexington. There's a ChargePoint at the Element Hotel next door which can be used by Aloft customers as well. The two hotels share the same outdoor parking lot. Charger is free. (240V/30A) This is fairly convenient to Tufts. My son just graduated from Tufts last spring.
Got a kid at Tufts as well. The Charles is great, as mentioned.
The Marlowe in Cambridge is also convenient with 3 or 4 J1772 outlets in the adjacent Cambridgeside Mall parking structure.