Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collingwood charging station?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a waterfront house in Balm Beach that I rent out during the summer months. There is a 14-50 in the garage there. It's 46km away from Collingwood according to google maps.

You could top up there if you like, or if you want to stay overnight while the car charges I could rent it out to you for the night.

Hi All,

I have a 15-40 outlet I installed in my garage at our place in Collingwood (near Blue Mountains but on the lake). If anyone is ever in that area and needs to charge let me know. Someone is up most weekends - especially in ski season.

Hi All,

I have a 15-40 outlet I installed in my garage at our place in Collingwood (near Blue Mountains but on the lake). If anyone is ever in that area and needs to charge let me know. Someone is up most weekends - especially in ski season.

I am heading over to Thornbury tomorrow and will be staying at my friends' place. Unfortunately, they only have a 110V outlet in their garage. Can I count on topping up at your place as the method of last resort? If so, how do I find you?

Thanks

Any news on charging near Blue Mountain? My wife and kids are heading next weekend and I'll join them a couple of days later. So, she will take the ICE and I hope to come in the MS. It's about 150km each way. Kbeckley: is your 1450 available?

First, thanks for all the charging offers.

in the end, I plugged into the 110v outlet in the underground parking. The parking lot is quite warm and the car charged at about 6km/hr for about 30 hours leaving me with plenty to get home.

i suggested they contact Sun Country Highway and they seemed interested.

@Lazman Thanks for this. I am heading up to Blue Mountain today (staying at the Village). Are there many 110v outlets in the underground parking lot?
My one-way distance is about 125km (250km round trip), so if the car doesn't cold soak overnight, and I get a few more kWh, I will have lots of range.

David

First, thanks for all the charging offers.

in the end, I plugged into the 110v outlet in the underground parking. The parking lot is quite warm and the car charged at about 6km/hr for about 30 hours leaving me with plenty to get home.

i suggested they contact Sun Country Highway and they seemed interested.

There are not that many 110 volt outlets in the underground garage. I went down to level 2 before I found one open spot. It was in the Weider area. Be careful, because most of the outlets caused a charging fault. I was told to use the outlets closest to the elevator. But these also fill up faster. If you notice the voltage dropping, it will probably fault after a minute or two.

In the end, I parked in a spot that was actually marked no parking during the day as a 'turn around spot'. Fortunately, they didn't seem to mind.

Make sure you talk to the management and encourage them to improve their charging infrastructure. If I hadn't eventually found that one good plug, I would've had to use the kind offers from the forum members.

I parked underground (nice and warm) at Grand Georgian in Blue mountain, and as a result I didn't need to charge in Collingwood after all. After a range charge (and preheat) to 402km at home, got to Blue with about 257km remaining. Lost about 6km of range overnight, and got home with about 75km range remaining.
I did ask the manager on duty about plugging in. He had no issue if I could find a plug, but said that they were discouraging charging, since their infrastructure was not set up to support it. Things were a bit crazy with the end of the family day weekend and the start of reading week, so I wasn't able to get into a discussion on the topic with him.

David

I checked google maps and it is 140km one way from my house to blue mountain. Do you think I can make the 280km round trip in the cold, in a performance MS with room to spare? In case I come close and don't make it all the way home, are there fast chargers near or in Toronto on the way? I am likely going to take airport road rather than Hwy 400 as I live in Etobicoke.

Check out plugshare for chargers on the way, but keep in mind that it isn't 100% reliable. My experience is that this trip is no issue in the summer, but may be on the edge in winter depending on the ambient temperature. Around zero Celcius you should be ok with range charge, preheating and careful driving. At -20C, it would be more difficult without a stop to preheat or recharge (IMHO).

Is there an update re: charging station @ blue mt.? I make the drive every weekend from south Mississauga to Collingwood and it's the only thing keeping me from ordering a MS. With Tesla hosting test drive at Westin one would think they have EV chargers up there.