Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

collision avoidance fails to detect golf ball

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First dent. I heard the impact on the freeway, but didn't see what happened. Careful review of the dashcam video showed a golf ball at just the wrong place at the wrong time. In this frame it's on the right, after ricocheting off of my hood.

On the bright side the impact only dented the hood a little bit, and it's pretty well centered.

I'm more than a little bit annoyed, but I guess it could have been worse.
So the AP missed it....and the driver did too? hmmmm.

Also disturbing. Based on the first picture, your Model S seems to have a pretty bad slice.

When your grip the steering wheel, make sure you see the three knuckles of your left hand. And the "V" formed by your left index finger and thumb should point toward your right shoulder...
Funniest post of the year (honourable mention to OPs thread title...)

Now that folks are starting to bring up shortcomings with the collision avoidance systems, I'll pile on with a shortcoming I noticed.
My windshield is mottled with the remains of flying insects that collision avoidance didn't detect prior to my 90D colliding catastrophically (for the insects, at least) with them. :mad: What's wrong with those Tesla design guys, anyway??

My windshield is mottled with the remains of flying insects that collision avoidance didn't detect prior to my 90D colliding catastrophically (for the insects, at least) with them.

somuchdeath.jpg

What can men do against such reckless hate?

I think collision avoidance made an excellent decision and saved your windshield.
BTW, I've got an identical dent in the back of my head....never it had it repaired and my performance hasn't been affected. The ball is now a paperweight.
If your paint isn't damaged, you could try a paintless dent removal. Just make sure the guy has worked with skulls before.

• Funny
Reactions: b team