Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collision Avoidance vs. Automatic Emergency Braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, I believe the automatic emergency braking worked. I was in traffic on the freeway and the car in front of me suddenly stopped. While I jammed on the brakes, I instinctively check my rear view mirror to see if the person behind me was going to hit me. I let off the brakes a bit, but the system seem to ensure I stopped just short of the car in front of me. I'm not sure I could have stopped short while allowing the person behind me a few extra feet (so I wouldn't be hit from behind). Regardless, the system(s) seem to have worked. I was not using the Cruise Control and I do not have the self driving software option, even though it's available on my 70D. Thanks Tesla!

Does the automatic emergency braking work well for wildlife? I live in an area where there are a ton of deer, so I would feel better if it worked well in an emergency situation. Last night I had one jump out in front of me in the twilight hours and I just barely missed it.

I don't believe it works at all to avoid hitting wildlife. I don't believe it is designed to do that yet.