Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collision repair backlog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our M3 was the victim of a hit and run yesterday, where wrecked drivers side steering and front CV (likely among other things) have made the car immobile. After calling all of the certified collision centers in the region we were forced to have the car towed to our house, as the soonest timeframe we could schedule is October.

Two questions: Are there options to repair our car outside of the Tesla network? And does anyone know if our warranty (the car is only a few months old) will be voided if we aren’t able to wait for one of their centers?

Hoping for some control here, but don’t have the bar set very high at the moment.

-Graham

Attachments

• 81E4E368-0022-4A55-A751-348A0C809741.jpeg
    81E4E368-0022-4A55-A751-348A0C809741.jpeg
    610.4 KB · Views: 86
Well, I see no one responded to you in quite a while... I'm in a similiar situation with a car that was in an accident this morning, a moderate rear end hit by a distracted driver.

How did things work out for you?
Indianapolis area….Doesn’t help you any, but…I had an accident in January, had to wait until April for repairs to begin. 11 weeks later I got my car back. Fortunately mine was cosmetic only and fully driveable.
I did have an option for quicker repairs three hours away (Northern Chicago area). I chose to wait.

I had a simple front bumper repair and it took 7 weeks! Someone just grazed the nose of the car and it took 7 lousy weeks. Fortunately the car was drivable and didn't mess anything else up or it likely could have been months. The only part it needed to be repaired was the bumper cover and a minor little grill piece.