Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collision Repair: Insurance vs Out-of-pocket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to proceed with repair..

My new 2022 Model S Plaid got hit in my apartment parking garage. Minor scuffs and paint missing on bumper, with possible headlight replacement.
Problem is local Tesla certified body shop quoted me ~$2500 for bumper repair and $1400 for new Tesla headlight. Obviously the other party won't pay that much out of pocket and would go through her insurance at that rate.

Which leads me to my predicament... Is it worth it for me to split the cost out of my own pocket to avoid going through her insurance and getting an accident report on my brand new car with 600 miles on it? (basically ~$2k out of my pocket VS. the devaluation of my car from insurance submitting accident report)

1642534663718.png

IMG_0615.jpg
IMG_0618.jpg
IMG_0621.jpg
IMG_0623.jpg
IMG_061.jpg

What will you do when you discover the radiator support is cracked or the condenser is leaking? I think there’s real risk that it’s worse than it looks on the surface.
Good point. This is the most expensive car I've owned and the only car I have bought new, so I'm just worried about the diminished value of the car, but as the other reply pointed out, maybe it's not as big of a deal as I thought.