TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Collision repair

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Saulharry, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Saulharry

Saulharry Member

My hood got slightly bent. Excellence auto collision in toronto recommends a full new hood piece.
    Can anyone recommend another reliable collision shop in which to get a quote in Toronto?
    Thanks
    Saul

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I expect more Torontonians would see this if you posted in the Canada section instead.

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Excellence does pretty good work, and is Tesla's only (as far as I know) approved shop in the Toronto area. I think Aluminum is hard to work with and on a big flat surface like the hood, any imperfections would be very noticeable. What are they asking for the new hood piece just out of curiosity?

4. Saulharry

Saulharry Member

3700 with taxes included

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Seems a bit steep, but I imagine that's painted and installed. Wonder if there is anything like "junk yard" parts from wrecked Model S cars yet?

6. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

There should be given the frequency with which they're totaled for cosmetic damage, particularly in the rear. I'd guess the economics of tracking one down would be difficult given the low volume, though. It might be more feasible in the Bay Area where there's a more suitable density.