Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color and paint job?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finalized my order five weeks ago. Changed color from Silver to Grey a couple of days ago, in the nick of time I would guess. Had already gotten my VIN number.
Silver enhances the dynamic lines of the care, but was to paile. If the Silver had been darker and with more metallic shimmer, I would have gone for it, but I changed to Grey b/c of above mentioned.
I find it strange that Tesla haven't done more of an effort in regards of color on a premium car with a premium price, and that is competing with some realy exclusive car brands of german descent, with some realy nice paint jobs. I understand that it's pretty stringent enviromental legislations in the state of California, and that it can play in on the paint process, but even though...shouldn't it be possible to make the paint job and coloration better and more exciting when it comes to a car of this magnitude?

Franz and his design team pick the colors, we will see what they ultimately decide for the new ones. I bet the new colors they come out with are dark gray and dark black, based on their history. :tongue:

Hey let's continue this thread - I'm in the same position - I have a silver on order, but thinking seriously about gray.

How light is the silver? How dark is the gray?

In the photos I've seen, the silver looks pretty light, leading to a sharp contrast with the black pano roof and nose cone. I originally thought gray would be too dark (getting the black textile interior), but now I thought it might have a neat stealthy and kind of understated look.

Opinions welcome, I just have a couple days till the build!

Hey let's continue this thread - I'm in the same position - I have a silver on order, but thinking seriously about gray.

How light is the silver? How dark is the gray?

In the photos I've seen, the silver looks pretty light, leading to a sharp contrast with the black pano roof and nose cone. I originally thought gray would be too dark (getting the black textile interior), but now I thought it might have a neat stealthy and kind of understated look.

Opinions welcome, I just have a couple days till the build!

I have grey with black (leather) interior and grey 19" T Sportline wheels. Personally I thought the silver was too pale, and I liked the way the grey picked up the dark tint on the rear lights. you really need to see the color options to make a decision though. From the colors currently available, I'd still choose the grey, with the multicoat red being a close second choice.