TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Color Choices by Year

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by ohmman, Mar 21, 2016.

1. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

• Like x 1
  2. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

Nice find! Kind of sad and homogenous, though. I'm hoping for "other" to make a resurgence. I really want an Orange or Yellow S or 3 or next gen Roadster. Hope Tesla has the courage!

3. jason1466

jason1466 Member

I guess I am too mainstream. Driving a Silver 97 E420 for 21 years, now moving onto Solid White X in a few weeks. Wife is driving silver car and we are ordering a Model 3 for her, guess what color she likes now... white. But I suspect she'll pick red or yellow by the time we configure the 3. For my X, I might go for Matte Xpel (why I passed on Pearl White) if I can find a reasonable installation price in my area.

4. pvogel

pvogel Member

I had *no* trouble picking Deep Blue for Merlin. But if the british racing green that was available on early model S signatures had been available I would have bribed someone to trade their sig reservation for my production reservation just to get the British Racing Green, only color I prefer to blue!

5. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Very Interesting ...

upload_2016-3-22_15-40-32.png

6. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I'm as lame as they come. I live on a ~1 mile long dusty grey gravel driveway in California. My choices, unless I want to clean daily, are white or silver. I'll have two Pearl White Teslas in a couple of weeks. Oh well.. love the way they look anyway.

7. SSD420

SSD420 Member

I miss the now discontinued dark green that Tesla used to offer for Model S.

It would have been a no brainer for me on my upcoming Model X.

It would have saved me $500 too. I originally confirmed the blue and then the day I got my VIN, I changed to the metallic black. If the green had existed, I wouldn't have second guessed my decision and blown $500.