Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Choices by Year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I am too mainstream. Driving a Silver 97 E420 for 21 years, now moving onto Solid White X in a few weeks. Wife is driving silver car and we are ordering a Model 3 for her, guess what color she likes now... white. But I suspect she'll pick red or yellow by the time we configure the 3. For my X, I might go for Matte Xpel (why I passed on Pearl White) if I can find a reasonable installation price in my area.

I had *no* trouble picking Deep Blue for Merlin. But if the british racing green that was available on early model S signatures had been available I would have bribed someone to trade their sig reservation for my production reservation just to get the British Racing Green, only color I prefer to blue!

Difficulty picking your colors? Check out this (somewhat) interesting chart showing the popularity of vehicle colors by year. Car Color Evolution North America

Very Interesting ...

upload_2016-3-22_15-40-32.png

I'm as lame as they come. I live on a ~1 mile long dusty grey gravel driveway in California. My choices, unless I want to clean daily, are white or silver. I'll have two Pearl White Teslas in a couple of weeks. Oh well.. love the way they look anyway.

I miss the now discontinued dark green that Tesla used to offer for Model S.

It would have been a no brainer for me on my upcoming Model X.

It would have saved me $500 too. I originally confirmed the blue and then the day I got my VIN, I changed to the metallic black. If the green had existed, I wouldn't have second guessed my decision and blown $500.