Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Confusion [what color car should I buy]

What exterior paint color with white and black interior?

• Pearl White Multi-Coat w/ White interior

Votes: 57 76.0%
  • Solid Black w/ White interior

Votes: 18 24.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a black 2021 with white interior and I think it looks great. I also added black, Rimetrix wheel covers and that really brought it all together. I keep it garaged so an occasional cleaning with a waterless cleaner is usually all it needs.

Attachments

• 20210626_142806.jpg
    20210626_142806.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 177
I have a black 2021 with white interior and I think it looks great. I also added black, Rimetrix wheel covers and that really brought it all together. I keep it garaged so an occasional cleaning with a waterless cleaner is usually all it needs.

you forgot the tire shine. the rimetrix definetely need that. I am actually tempted to get mine gunpowder coated in greyish (similar to teslas wheels) because of that...

Attachments

• PXL_20210516_074147131.jpg
    PXL_20210516_074147131.jpg
    872.9 KB · Views: 136
If you're married to the white interior, consider that it'll show up more if you tint your windows, and your car won't look as dark. If that's not a concern, then go white with white interior - free color and lighter overall.

I think my aftermarket Katzkin is about $1,000 more than the white "vegan leather" option that Tesla sells. If you hate plastic as much as I do, Katzkin is the way to go, hands down. Katzkin also has a large palette of colors to choose from and you can pick a 2-tone if you wish.

My Model 3 is the first car I have ever re-upholstered. I'm way past delighted.

I think my aftermarket Katzkin is about $1,000 more than the white "vegan leather" option that Tesla sells. If you hate plastic as much as I do, Katzkin is the way to go, hands down. Katzkin also has a large palette of colors to choose from and you can pick a 2-tone if you wish.

My Model 3 is the first car I have ever re-upholstered. I'm way past delighted.

Katzkin seats are 100% awesome. I had a set of two tone Katzkin seats on a show car (Mustang), by far the best upholstery I’ve ever had, even better then my Cadillacs.

Tim

Black is IMHO the most classical and elegant. Do you see heads of state being driven up in white cars? Maybe it comes down to whether you can garage it. If you can, then I'd go with black/black for sure. I'm not sure only white is "multi-coat", isn't all auto paint multi-coat? If you can't garage it, and If you have it parked outside, without a cover, then dust is not your friend. You will have to put more frequent efforts into keeping it tip-top.

If you're married to the white interior, consider that it'll show up more if you tint your windows, and your car won't look as dark. If that's not a concern, then go white with white interior - free color and lighter overall.

You reminded me of another advantage of light interiors. The front windshield can be tinted with a 70 - 80% VLT and not be evident from the outside. I did for my sunny climate and it is fantastic on longer drives to not have the sun beating down.

Reactions: JohnnyMa
The decision you need to make, if indeed you are still making it, needs to be based on where you live (hot sunny/cold gray climate), your hate/love of regular and detailed car washing and importantly, what you plain prefer! I went white/white as I live in a sunny hot area and I hate washing cars!

I bought the midnight silver with white interior. The interior color is great, but that dark grey exterior has not "grown" on me. The longer I have it, the more I regret not getting the white. What I really wanted was the ( discontinued) silver. Looks great with the sport wheels and would stay cooler in summer. Interesting that silver has been one of the top 3 auto color choices in America for decades, yet not for Tesla buyers.

I bought the midnight silver with white interior. The interior color is great, but that dark grey exterior has not "grown" on me. The longer I have it, the more I regret not getting the white. What I really wanted was the ( discontinued) silver. Looks great with the sport wheels and would stay cooler in summer. Interesting that silver has been one of the top 3 auto color choices in America for decades, yet not for Tesla buyers.

midnight silver looks timeless and always good. Be happy with what youve got. It's consistently one of the easiest to keep and best looking tesla colours.
prototype silver looked good. Release silver looks a bit meh.