Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color me impressed with Tesla Service!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. I know people complain about Tesla Service, but I feel I got outstanding service from them. I took my car into the Portland OR Service Center last week.

More here: BMS_a035 error here and gone, what to do?

Anyway, they're done with car a day earlier than they estimated (impressive IMO.) Not only did they fix the error problem and buzzing sound/rattle under the steering wheel (for FREE no less.) They also rotated my tires, checked the tire pressure, did a four wheel alignment, filled up my washer fluid and verified they worked correctly, did two recall items, ball joint maint., and replaced my 12v battery all for FREE. I got way more than I asked for for free. I've NEVER experienced that level of service anywhere before.

Last edited:
Well, the tire pressure check I believe is a CA State mandate but yeah, I got the same great service (mobile) recently for the front control arm ball joint reseal. The first thing the tech did before he even unlocked the car was to attach the portable air compressor and pumped up the tires to 42-43psi and noted the tread depth of each. Topped off the windshield washer (which I filled two days before) and also checked my frunk latch per a service bulletin. He did the ball joints and then installed a set of cabin filters I already had on hand (thanks @TEMAI !) per my previous request.

Wow. I know people complain about Tesla Service, but I feel I got outstanding service from them. I took my car into the Portland OR Service Center last week.

More here: BMS_a035 error here and gone, what to do?

Anyway, they're done with car a day earlier than they estimated (impressive IMO.) Not only did they fix the error problem and buzzing sound/rattle under the steering wheel (for FREE no less.) They also rotated my tires, checked the tire pressure, did a four wheel alignment, filled up my washer fluid and verified they worked correctly, did two recall items and replaced my 12v battery all for FREE. I got way more than I asked for for free. I've NEVER experienced that level of service anywhere before.
More likely they either forgot to charge you or someone else got the bill

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: KenC and StellarRat
Would love it if they did bodywork. Really sucks to have to find Tesla-approved shops instead of dealing with Tesla service themselves. Even though it states they do it, they informed us they most certainly do not.

Mobile service “fixed” my hard-to-close driver door (somewhat) but left an unacceptable gap. The folks in Burbank said it would be back to hard closing after aligning, but it actually closes easier now (like a normal car door) and the gap is gone. Pretty happy with that.