TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

color of safety belts ?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by NielsChr, Apr 26, 2013.

1. NielsChr

NielsChr Member

#1 NielsChr, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    I have had the impression that all interior colors was delivered with black safety belts...how ever after looking at the "True Colors of Model S" pictures - I can see that the black Model S is equiped with what look to be light colored safety belts - is this just a test sample or are all light interior now delivered with light safety belts ?
    can anyone witch have tan or gray interior delivered lately confirm the color of the safety belts ?
    7897442642_4118d9e572_k.jpg

2. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

My red with tan interior was delivered on Tuesday with black safety belts (belt, receptacle and release button are all black)

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Good eye! That car does appear to have light colored seat belts. My Blue with Tan interior car came with black seat belts. There is a lot of black in the interior (top of dash, lower door panels, carpet etc.) so the black belts don't look horrible, but ones matching the seats and B-pillars would have looked better.

4. NielsChr

NielsChr Member

Seat belts tend to be used..., so Im not shure if light colored belts would be a plus (they would get dirty pretty quick I guess).
    Personally I relly dont know if I would preffere a light color or a black - just need to know what color they are being delivered in.
    seams still to be black, thanks for the quick answer

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I remember a Tesla factory lead telling me that EXACTLY matching all those plastic and cloth materials was incredibly difficult from different suppliers. Sticking with basic black may not just for little cocktail dresses.

6. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Seat belt is black in my grey interior.

7. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

My observation from October of 2011 was that white interior had a matched seatbelt coloring (somewhat like the roof liner) but all other colors would have black seatbelts (unlike the roof liner). I don't know if things have changed since.

8. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

Yes, my white interior has matching white or light colored seat belts.

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

So add 1 to the list of "Signature (optional) benefits" since (I believe) the gray interior has black seat belts.