Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color of SN1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mum wants her Model 3 to be Yellow or Orange. So if not offered as a stock option, I'll probably get it wrapped.

something like this looks great imho.

My X is wrapped with Avery Colorflow, Rushing Riptide :)

OCSYSam.jpg

I'm reasonably certain that there will be photos of tomorrow, even before the 28th.

Even if it's Elon and some Fremont team members standing around #001, in a way that obscures any Handover Event "Surprises".

It's the most important car in the history of the young company, and arguably the EV movement.

There will AT LEAST be a tweet tomorrow.

Will someone please explain this love for drab colors? I was looking at the color options for the S and X and I really only see 2, red and blue. If there is one thing I am a bit disappointed about the Model 3 (besides the wood trim dashboard) this would be it.

I understand that black, white and silver are generally inoffensive and therefore they make good colors for reselling, but I can't believe the number of people who would actually choose those as their first option. Personally, I don't care enough about the color to pay for an upgrade if it costs, so I'll probably end up getting black. But please, someone explain to me why if you had any choice in the world, you would get white or black or silver.

I cannot explain it at all. And it drives me nuts. For the last decade almost all cars are black, white, grey or silver. It's like the automotive world went monochrome. There is some evidence of this starting to change, but it's slow.

Tesla, should be offering a pallet like what Austin Martin offers! On the Rapid S, which looks like a ICE version of the S, they offer 29 body colors, 6 wheel caliper colors and dozens of colors for every little interior detail!

Aston Martin | Rapide S | Configure

I really hope we start to get something other than black, white, varying mixes of black and white, one red and one blue.

I think Elon is on record as being very anti-yellow. I don't think it's a color that will be seen anytime soon.

I don't think it stopped them from producing roadsters in yellow. I think the bright sporty colors will probably be reserved for the next gen roadsters unfortunately. The first roadster had a lot of great colors.

I hope we get a photo of SN1 but if it has some 'signature' color or something along those lines I think we might have to wait to see it. In fact I bet if it comes in a new color we won't see it at all or the lighting will be so bad we can't tell the color because they'll want to wait until the 28th to reveal new colors IF there are any.