Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Preferences - Model S

What color Model S would you like the most?

• Black

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • White

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Silver/Grey

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Electric Blue

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Glacier Blue

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Lightning Green

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Lipstick Red

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Candy Red

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Very Orange

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, if you set those items into the tray does it automatically detect them and update the rendering above (in real-time?)
s-in-the-showrooms-let-you-design-your-own-car-tesla-has-18-showrooms-in-the-us-europe-and-tokyo.jpg

Did TEG just get TEG'ed?:eek:
Apparently... :redface:

Here are the full color names:

• Signature Red
  • Muir Red
  • Sierra Black
  • Catalina White
  • San Simeon Silver
  • Tiburon Grey
  • Monterey Blue
  • Sequoia Green
  • Anza Brown
  • Shasta Pearl White

Last edited:
So the Signature Red is only for the Signature. No red or burgundy for the (P). Bummer. However, this is all overshadowed by the dramatic change to the dashboard. Is that photo for real? That's a lot of reconfiguration just to get a second cupholder. Looks like somebody glued an LCD to the dash. Maybe it'll look better in person. I will know this afternoon.

It's a brighter shade of read. Some folks might like it better than the sig shade. I like the deeper signature red myself.

I agree that it looks brighter, and more like a traditional red. Sig Red looked more maroon to me. The blue looked really dark on that display in the tent after the ride, but it may shine more in sunlight. We were thinking that blue with white interior and the banana leaf "wood" would be a nice combo. That pearl white was very nice too.

If it were possible (maybe, with help from Doug, the head moderator), *NigelM*, worth changing/resetting the poll with the real, announced color names?

From what I could tell yesterday at the pre-pre-event, I might be the only one ordering the 'Sequoia Green' :)

Does anyone know which white the one giving test rides was? The pearl or the other? Was curious but forgot to ask after that acceleration to 75mph. :)

Surprisingly, It was the pearl. On the tour, I spoke to the paint guy (forgot his name) and he said you're probably better off going with the solid white. To me, solid looks better, but he also said its easier to paint -- less defects and such. Unfortunately he couldn't confirm if sig people would be able to order the solid white if they wanted to.

Surprisingly, It was the pearl. On the tour, I spoke to the paint guy (forgot his name) and he said you're probably better off going with the solid white. To me, solid looks better, but he also said its easier to paint -- less defects and such. Unfortunately he couldn't confirm if sig people would be able to order the solid white if they wanted to.

Probably the same guy was funny with respect to the silver color. He said it's very hard to match the bumper and the aluminum but come hell or high water, he was going to get it right because that's his favorite color :smile: You could tell he was picky about quality.

If it were possible (maybe, with help from Doug, the head moderator), *NigelM*, worth changing/resetting the poll with the real, announced color names?

From what I could tell yesterday at the pre-pre-event, I might be the only one ordering the 'Sequoia Green' :)

Created a new poll here

Gg, did you see the sequoia green in daylight? Does it look like British racing green? It was too dark when I saw it.

I saw it in daylight, IMO "British Racing Green" is a good description....looks very "Jaguar-like"

I have just one thing that was new to me from the event, thanks to the amazing coverage everyone else here has already provided. I hope my one nugget is worthwhile to some of you. :)

During my tour, we had a chance to ask questions of one of the paint guys in the paint room. I forget his name unfortunately, but from what he said I think he actually RUNS the paint shop and he CLEARLY knew what he was talking about. When another guest asked him about paint spray efficiency, he gave an amazing 3-4 minute answer that was ludicrously scientific and detailed. In fact, the answer was so long that we had to move on, so our tour guide said that if we had any other questions for him we could stay behind and ask them and then catch up to the rest of the group.

So I thought of one question: I asked if there was any chemical/technical reason that the color choice was so limited at launch, especially compared to the Roadster. Like, is it tough to get certain colors to stick to aluminum or anything? (sorry if that makes some of you laugh; I figured it was probably just an economic decision but I didn't know.)

Anyway, he told me that, without a doubt, they have so much damn space at NUMMI that they will do ANY color you want. Apparently they have a completely spare paint area, and for an extra $5k (don't quote me on this, and he also said, "Unless sales or marketing has changed their minds..."), they will do any color you bring them. He said, "If some friend of a Tesla executive wanted a purple car, he'd just have to bring me the color and we'd do it." I told him I wanted the Roadster's Twilight Blue because the Monterey Blue didn't look dark enough for me on the website, and he was like, "Well yeah, then we already have [access to] that, so no problem."

Also for those of you also interested in the Monterey Blue, on the color sample board outside right next to the test ride area, I thought it looked MUCH darker in person than it does on the website. So maybe that makes you happy and maybe it makes you sad, but that's my observation. :)

P.S. Sorry for the long post, but one more thing: I think I saw a documentary sometime that said Ferrari does this too, i.e. will paint your car absolutely any color you want. So another feather in the cap for Tesla if this proves to be true!