Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Scheme standards on UI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sfRonH

Model Y received 2022-May
Hello,

I'm having trouble with the inconsistent meaning of color / grayness of controls on the UI. Easiest example is in the climate control. Gray indicates the active tab for front seat or back seat, but gray indicates Not Active for Auto Seat Warming. ARG!

And with colors, why are some things red when on, and other things blue? I think the front and rear defogger colors are different. I understand how many people think of "red" as "hot", but I need some consistency here!

Also, Tesla seems unaware of, or is ignoring, UI design that makes life easier for those with abnormal color vision. This is a very common condition among men, so I'm surprised by this.

Yes - some of the inconsistencies are annoying.

Regarding the front defog, it actually has two settings. Tap once for cool air - icon turns blue. Tap a second time for hot air - icon turns red.
thanks. since i posted i read about that in the manual. ideally a screen would be self explanatory with just a little need for the manual. I wish they had partnered with Apple for the UI and some of the usability.

Reactions: sleepydoc
You're not the only one to voice these complaints. The new UI has been widely panned by people with experience in the field. The general thought is it was designed by an intern with no oversight.
Glad to hear others have issues with the UI - I really didn't think it could all be personal preference. Years back I used to program color touchscreen UIs for equipment that cost 5 times my Tesla. I was hardly an "expert" but, good grief, some of these screens leave me gasping.

Reactions: sfRonH