Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color seats for hot weather comfort

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordering/ buying inventory car. Probably white exterior.
grey leather interior vs. black. Florida light and heat makes me, a snow bird, think grey. How do you find black seats in hot climates? Since there is no fan perforated seat.

how do you find dark grey or black exterior in heat?

thanks for the help.

It's currently summer in Australia and my Brown / Tan Model S has been in the sun a lot this week.
The seats have never got hot and by setting the roof to vent you can prevent the worst of the heat soak.
Speaking of the pano roof I have found the heat repellant glass very effective in blocking heat and tend to open it only in the evenings, or for a few minutes after parking in the sun to allow heat soak to dissipate faster. That's when I forget to pre condition. :)

I prefer textile. Even though they only come in black, they get less sticky in hot humid weather than leather.

Combined with having a white car and 30% photosync tint, summers are bearable again. Pre-cooling the car is pretty sweet too.

I prefer textile. Even though they only come in black, they get less sticky in hot humid weather than leather.
Ditto. Cloth will always be more comfortable than leather. Much lower thermal mass and will conform better to your body. We would have taken a cloth option in our BMWs but was not offered. The smell of the plasticizers in BMW vinyl (aka simulated leather) made me ill thus leather was my only option on these cars.

What Denarius said, you tun on the AC from your phone and that takes care of everything for you.

Agree as well. Two summers in Texas with black interior and never a problem if you remember to use your mobile app to precool your car. 120+ degrees inside the car is hot no matter what color to leather is so you have a lot of motivation to remember to precool the car.