Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Temperature of Dashboard Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got sw-version 2019.8.1 for my model s one week ago. Since then I've noticed a slight change of the dashboard display color temperature. In comparison with the MCU different shades of grey seem to look warmer on the dashboard display.

Although this isn't a big issue to me, I would like to know, if somebody has noticed similar effects after latest software update and if somebody knows if this is some kind of bug or is actually intended?

I'm finding the grey is maybe "redder" (warmer) grey. And also the green is a bit more "lime" than it used to be. What used to be a solid red (e.g. heated seat icons, the little red arrow on the nav map...) are now lame shads of pink.

I just got V9 for the first time... and the UI colors have gone down the drain with this version.

And let's talk Grey. Everything is grey.. and white and shades of grey. They are wiping out color as if it were a disease!! Wiping out high contrast as if it was an insult. Bland uniform grey.

I don't know what is going on in the UI department at Tesla. Maybe a "design fashion or trend" to have all this grey....

But it aint good for driving and using the car guys!

Reactions: Barry