Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone tell me what this color is? I cant seem to match it on the design studio. It looks not as blue as the midnight silver

section-initial-original.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this color is? I cant seem to match it on the design studio. It looks not as blue as the midnight silver

View attachment 107723
Yeah... That's a mystery I have been wrestling with for a while.

Pre July 2014, that was Dolphin Grey. In July 2014 (approx), Dolphin Grey was discontinued. In all manner of sexy, the new color was called.. Wait for it... "grey".

It's slightly darker than Dolphin Grey with a little more blue.

That was discontinued in roughly Feb 15 and replaces with Midnight Silver Metallic. Darker with even more blue.

From the look of that car, I have that color. And it's called...Grey.

Bleh. Great color. But for the name...bleh.

That's the best I could reverse engineer. My car is a mid Dec 2014 build.

Damn. Im ready to pull the trigger and this is the favorite I want. I like the midnight metallic but my owner already has it so I dont want him to feel like im jocking him so much. So my other two favorites are pearl white and the titanium. What do you guys think? Sny owners want yo comment on either and if they look real dirty real quick? I live in snowy weather so looking dirty is something im looking at since the roads get salted.

Midnight Silver Metallic. Used to be Steel Grey after they discontinued Dolphin Grey. I have it and love it on my S (10-14). Much lighter in real life than the website. Your photo shows it well, though I think it is about 10-15% darker in the flesh. It has a very, very slight blue tint to it that I think is great. Looks super in the sun. Quite subtle.

I have midnight silver too and love it. Doesn't show dirt too bad. My friend had the same color on his, but I liked it so much more than the other colors I had to get it. I blacked out my chrome and my car looks totally different than my friends. I have gray 21's too.