TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Colorado - DIA parking

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by stevezzzz, Jun 28, 2013.

1. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

I just dropped my S at Canopy Airport Parking. Mine is the fourth Model S in valet this morning: two blacks, a multi-red, and my Sig red. We're occupying the four available Juice Bar spots.

When I brought my S to them for the first time, in October, the attendants had never seen one before. Now, they're old hands. I recommend them when you have to park at DIA.

2. huntjo

huntjo Member

Yeah except when I parked there two weeks ago three of four spots were ICE'd

3. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

#3 stevezzzz, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    I don't think that's a problem: in valet they shuffle cars around as needed and sometimes the Juice Bar spots are ICE'd temporarily, or there may be more EV's than charging spots. I see from the Tesla app that they plugged mine in shortly after I dropped it off, and then took it off charge the next day. They know what day you'll be returning, and my car has always been fully charged when I picked it up.

Out in the covered self-parking barn, though, ICE'd Juice Bar spots are a real issue. That's one of the reasons I'm willing to pay more for valet parking. Another reason is that they almost never move the S's out of the enclosed drop-off area, even when not plugged in. There's a lot more accountability that way, and valet attendants always have eyes on your car.

4. huntjo

huntjo Member

Hmm I see. Never did the valet before. I spose it makes sense I don't need to be plugged the whole time.