Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

COLORADO - Get to the Mountains!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interested in a Colorado Tesla group. Anything exist? I have had the P85 for a month, been over a few mountain passes, and can't wait for the Silverthorne SC to power up...anytime now.
Would like to trade experiences about the front range, mountains and all of Colorado with whomever is out there. Thanks!

A Model S owner in Boulder has just started a Google group for Front Range Teslas. Anyone interested in joining, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll see that you get added to the group.

Whoa! "get to the mountains" altogether takes a new meaning these days as I just read of the floods and rescue efforts in Jamestown, Lyons, and Longmont, CO. As a member of the disaster relief forces who fought just the second centennial floods this century in Germany, my heart goes out to the affected families. I hope your loved ones are safe.

I am just tired to learn of new floods all around the globe, taking the lives and the existence of people just like you and me. I wish that more would join the efforts to fight back climate change and stop the crooks in their tracks that place their own well faring above the legitimate interests of humanity.

Thank you VolkerP. The series of ranstorms is just now over, and the worst of the flooding past. In fact, we had family friends from Mannheim DE visiting, and they bought some rubber boots and helped my parents assist familes with stranded animals. It is a global community.

Besides SteveZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, who is up for a run to Glenwood Springs?

So far, I only have commitments from SteveZZZZ and me for the Colorado Supercharger outing Tomorrow, 9/21. Anyone else interested? If so, let us know and if you are comfortable with it, send me your cell phone and e-mail to via a Private message at View Profile: Cottonwood

SteveZZZZ and I would love to have some company. Here are the plans:

1. 9:30am or so - Meet for Coffee at Mountain Lyon Cafe in Silvethorne and check out the Supercharger status nearby. From recent reports, it is not operational.
  2. Convoy or just enjoy the drive to Glenwood, meeting at the Supercharger at noon or so. Glenwood Springs Supercharger | Tesla Motors
  3. Because it is approximately 180 miles for most front range drivers to Glenwood, many of us will want to take on a good solid charge for the return. Worst case, that is an hour each on the Supercharger. Even though the Tesla site says there are only 4 stalls in Glenwood, it appears that there are more from pictures. Bring your swimsuit, Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge, Pool and Spa is about two miles away. If some MS's are not charging, we can use them to shuttle over to the hot springs.

My plan is to do an almost full range charge, to both just watch how the charging tapers and to be able to do the return trip via Aspen and Independance Pass. That route is three major passes and 211 miles back to Boulder. That range and mountain driving are completely doable in a fully charged P85, but I will want to start with a full charge and drive somewhat conservatively. Boy, it would be great to have the Silverthorne site up and running for that return route...

Charge rate from Supercharger | Tesla Motors
View attachment 31004