TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Colorado - has anyone bought 2 EV/hybrid the same year? Unsure about filing tax form

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by MileHighMotoring, Feb 22, 2016.

1. MileHighMotoring

I'm using Turbotax and easily got one vehicle loaded up in form DR 0617. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to add another vehicle, or a 2nd copy of the form or anything like that. First world problems, I know. But I have two vehicles I purchased in 2015 that qualify for the credit so I'm trying to do this properly.

2. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Active Member

You might have to have a CPA do your taxes to get that done (or file yourself manually). I find TurboTax runs you through its algorithm and doesn't have ways to accommodate alternate situations. It used to run me through a Schedule C small business for the miniscule income I was receiving for my photography hobby only because I was getting the income reported as royalties. I couldn't get it to allow me to report the income as hobby income instead, so I eventually took it to a CPA. Who reported it correctly as hobby income.