Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado - Llumar Films Wrap & Rayno Phantom Tint - MX 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just got our MX 90D back from Colorado Detail and they did an extraordinary job. Full front and rear bumper wrap in Llumar Films Clear Bra, GtechniQ Crystal Serum paint treatment and Rayno Phantom 30% tint on driver and passenger windows with 20% tint on upper half of the front windshield.

The upper half tinting turned out better than I expected, view is still pretty good, but the massive amount of sun and heat coming through was cut significantly. It now feels like we are sitting under a shaded tree. In Colorado with our elevation and sunny days, it really was a requirement to cut the heat and brightness, even if I do love the huge windshield.

If you are in Colorado and are looking for a detailer, I highly recommend Steve and his team at Colorado Detail. They specialize in Tesla's and do an awesome job.

18156565_1140939756017628_1584411771618462072_o.jpg
18156018_1140939746017629_9093207986061718689_o.jpg
17973863_1140939909350946_2090464444517984520_o.jpg
IMG_8595.jpg

I should also note as well... We had some paint imperfections from the factory and Colorado Detail took care of them as part of the service. Even went as far as to put clear bra over the interiors of the FWD's which are known paint rub points (without having to be asked to do it as they know Tesla's). Its those little details that matter!

• Helpful
Reactions: PaulJB
Thank you @Dr Doom! Cost was roughly $5k. It was going to run about $7k for a full wrap. I feel like this was a better way to go as most of the major areas were protected with film plus I got the tinting, crystal serum, trim and leather treatment for less than the full wrap. Its amazing how glossy and slick the whole car is with the Crystal Serum. A definite recommend.

Included:
Full car polish and paint correction
Wrap: Front clip (full hood, bumper, fenders, head lights, driving lights) as well as mirrors, strips on rear FWD's in front of the rear tires and full rear bumper
Crystal Serum: Full Car & Wheels
Tinting: Half windshield, driver and passenger windows
OptiGuard Leather: Leather treatment on all seats, steering wheel and other leather interior items
OptiTrim Protect and Restore: All plastic trim items on exterior of MX (around wheels and strip around bottom of car)

Llumar film has a 10 year warranty. Crystal Serum 7 years.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr Doom
I highly recommend them @Solarman004. Reach out and talk with the owner Steve who is a former engineer (you can use the contact form on their website). They took about a month to get me in the calendar. Great guy, let him know Mike, who just had his black Model X done (he'll know me by the half tint front windshield, the first they have done that way) sent you. I wouldn't talk them up so much if I wasn't so happy with what they did.

Every time I'm there they have a Lambo or a Ford GT or a number of Teslas in the bays. They genuinely take their time.

Additional note. What is awesome is they will correct any paint issues or blemishes you have in your paint before wrapping it. A lot of other places just clean your car and wrap. They actually polish and even touch up any areas that need it before wrapping the car.

Reactions: Solarman004
I highly recommend them @Solarman004. Reach out and talk with the owner Steve who is a former engineer (you can use the contact form on their website). They took about a month to get me in the calendar. Great guy, let him know Mike, who just had his black Model X done (he'll know me by the half tint front windshield, the first they have done that way) sent you. I wouldn't talk them up so much if I wasn't so happy with what they did.

Every time I'm there they have a Lambo or a Ford GT or a number of Teslas in the bays. They genuinely take their time.

Additional note. What is awesome is they will correct any paint issues or blemishes you have in your paint before wrapping it. A lot of other places just clean your car and wrap. They actually polish and even touch up any areas that need it before wrapping the car.

Mike,
I am in Alabama and taking possession of a Model X in Denver. I am considering having Steve detail the vehicle before I drive it back to Alabama. One thing I am considering is letting him inspect and take delivery for me, and then detail it before I make the trip out to pick it up, that way I'm not sitting around for a week waiting for him to finish it. Based off of your experience, would you trust Steve to inspect and take delivery of your Model X and would you trust him with it from several states away?
Thanks for the help.