TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Colorado Springs Service Center - 1323 Motor City Drive

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by verdee, Jan 1, 2020.

1. verdee

verdee Member

Take this information with a grain of salt. My sister lives in the Springs and told her friends dad just sold his auto repair located in motor city to Tesla. I have zero additional information but could be nice for SoCo to get a shop.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. eevee-fan

eevee-fan Active Member

Great news, the Space Cadets of the Space Force needs a Tesla Service Center closeby. It's a matter of national security. :D

• Funny x 2
  3. vespax

vespax Member

Grand Junction needs a service center and a certified body shop. We have to wait for Jack from CS to drive over to us all the time for repairs. The guy must be exhausted of the drive. He tells me Tesla has been trying to hire a mobile tech in the western slope for 2 years now.

Congrats to SC if this is true.

• Like x 2
  4. Chaz

Chaz Big Kahuna

Hmmmm..... We will need to dig into this a bit deeper.. o_O

5. Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Active Member

I've heard rumors that Fort Collins may get one sooner than later too but these rumors don't really mean too much w/o some sort of evidence.

6. Armadillos

Armadillos Member

What's the address of the auto repair shop?

7. verdee

verdee Member

not sure, all I know is that it is in motor city

8. Matsayz

Matsayz Active Member

Plenty of empty ones to choose from. Bummer it’s going to be stuffed in there if this info happens to be true. Almost anywhere else would be better.

9. Schmeltz318

Schmeltz318 Member

I was up at the Littleton service center today and was told by the service advisor that the spring will be getting a service center in 1 - 1.5 years. Hopefully those numbers are conservative.

• Like x 2
  10. electricjib

electricjib Member

Thats great to here. I live in Fremont, CA but we go back to the Springs to visit family all the time. Last time we were there we had to get it to Denver for an emergency appt.

11. Piney999

Piney999 Member

Any updates on this? Curious to see where this goes.

12. Schmeltz318

Schmeltz318 Member

• Informative x 4
  13. Schmeltz318

Schmeltz318 Member

More positions added on July 17th..

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  14. Schmeltz318

Schmeltz318 Member

El Paso County - Colorado

This property in motor city was sold in February and currently has a interior remodel permit open.. could be our new service center!

• Informative x 4
  15. Matsayz

Matsayz Active Member

The address for this is 1323 Motor City Dr. Someone will have to drive by soon

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. CO_MY

CO_MY Member

The Colorado Springs Fire Dept plan review confirms it is a Tesla Service Center if there was still any doubt. Interesting to note that the review states it was to have a paint booth but no paint booth shown on the architectural drawings. Saw similar comments from the electrical plan review. Also, doesn't list their Hazmat plan for things like welding and repair. I also saw a recent approved permit for the signage but do not have a contractor login to view the full plan.

motor city.JPG

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  17. Schmeltz318

Schmeltz318 Member

I drove by the location today, definitely some interior work going on. The place is a little rough around the edges on the outside. Nothing that can’t be fixed/cleaned up though. Looks like a good size for in in Colorado Springs!

• Informative x 5
  18. Matsayz

Matsayz Active Member

Any status updates on this? I’ve got a friend interested in test driving/buying but they don’t want to go up to Denver for it

19. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.48.35.5

We went by less than two weeks ago and workers were actively repainting the building.
    download_20200911_025302.jpg download_20200911_025259.jpg download_20200911_025256.jpg

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 3
  20. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.48.35.5

Things are very busy here today. Looks like the exterior painting is done. They are putting up metal framing for interior walls. Looks like sign guys are there and signs will be installed soon. Still pretty empty in the Service Center part. Still lots of work to do.

COS SC4.jpg COS SC3.jpg COS SC1.jpg

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1