Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado Springs Service Center - 1323 Motor City Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another option is to request home delivery. That way you could get the car delivered to you this year and you'd still be able to claim the $4000 tax credit.
I tried! It wouldn't even give me that option, I guess COS is too close to Denver?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 7.03.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 7.03.45 AM.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 91
Not for our financial situation, it wouldn't help us much in 2020 anyway. Our income will be much higher in '21. I didn't work this year due to COVID, and am returning to work now. The savings, or 'costing' us, will be negligible. I did run the numbers and thought a lot about it the last couple weeks.
The Colorado rebate is refundable unlike the federal credit so getting the full $4000 is not dependent upon you having sufficient tax liability. Plus, you would get that $4000 in early 2021 instead of the $2500 in early 2022.

Came here to say this - the $4k isn't dependent on your tax liability (or even paying taxes in the state). I'm active duty military stationed here in the Springs (I only pay income taxes in my home state - Tennessee), and received both the EV rebate and the local utility company solar rebate after we got our PV array installed. Totally seamless...fill out the form, check shows up in the mail a few weeks later!

The service center portion in Colorado Springs is now partly open. A Colorado Springs EV Club member got service started today. I went down to ask about the TPMS sensors I need to fill out a complete set in order to sell my Uberturbines, and saw several cars in service:

20201228_145355.jpg

Sales is still closed. Maybe next week?

Something very nice Tesla has done for owners inconvenienced by all the rescheduling, is this sweet apologetic gift:

20201228_160054.jpg

If you have service in the next couple weeks, when you drop off ask if they have any. I drove mine right home and didn't complain a bit about the missing chrome delete!

They are full up and running. I am in the middle of purchasing a vehicle, hopefully picking it up today. Just waiting on word back from my bank. Buying a Model Y that was already on the lot. There are definitely some kinks to work out, i.e. communication between them and the main offices in California, but the people there are super nice and knowledgeable. It doesn't work like a car dealership though. The people working there are paid hourly and are there mostly to educate and schedule test drives. They walk you through the online ordering but it's not like dealerships where everything is there. Don't expect to be in and out in the same day with a new car.