Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado Springs Solar Install Timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I placed an order for a large system on October 9th. Communication was good and I received the initial plans for an 11.22KW system on 10/12/20. I reviewed it and agreed to it the same day. They scheduled a home assessment for 10/19, and they came out and completed that as scheduled. At that time, I was told I should hear something within 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, I reached out to my advisor who just said that it could be 60-90 days for everything. I asked for clarification and he repeated that (feels like a canned response). My last communication was on 11/9/2020.

My question is, how persistent should I be. I understand their busy do to the time of the year, but I don't want to get lost in the mess because I'm not speaking up. I also don't want to be annoying for no reason.

Has anyone in Colorado Springs gone through this process recently? If so, what was your timeline like?

Thanks!

Not sure about the Springs, but in general there are 1000s of people trying to get things scheduled with Tesla because of the super-aggressive pricing. And a lot of people want it by the end of the year to get the 26% tax credit. And a large number of these are going to miss out because they started in the second 1/2 of the year.

Thanks jboy210. That was what i figured, we just bought the home in March and with Covid, didn't really consider looking into until end of September. They told me they thought everything would be completed with 60-90 days, but it's been stuck at this stage for weeks now. I just want to make sure I don't get lost in the shuffle as I've read a number of stories of that happening on here. I also don't want to be overly annoying. I figure once a week to 10 days checking in shouldn't be too bad.

Hey fischman sorry you've had trouble with your install. I'm up in Longmont and have had pretty good success this fall with getting my 8kw system installed. I purchased early Oct and install went in last week. It took a few extra days due to weather and some inspection hangups with my city utility. But once installed it passed inspection this week and my utility powered it on today!

I've found that text and calls are faster and more responsive than emails. Good luck!

My process was from deposit in June 2020 to December 2020 install. About two months of that wait were for Powerwalls to be available.

Each step can take a few weeks, but once those few weeks that they say they step will take are up, don’t be shy to call/email and make sure your project hasn’t fallen through the cracks so to speak.

There was on point in late summer that my solar advisor apparently left the company, and my call back to Tesla got me re-assigned to someone right away. Meanwhile me emails to the original person went unanswered.

Not sure about the Springs, but in general there are 1000s of people trying to get things scheduled with Tesla because of the super-aggressive pricing. And a lot of people want it by the end of the year to get the 26% tax credit. And a large number of these are going to miss out because they started in the second 1/2 of the year.
The omnibus bill passed last Dec extends the 26% federal tax credit to the end of 2022, not this year. That should give folks some buffer to get their installations done.
By the way, the non-profit Solar United Neighbors has announced their latest Colorado co-op for discounted installations to be in Colorado Springs. They aggregate a number of individual residential and commercial customers, and negotiate a single large contract at typical savings of 10 to 25%. Folks have until Jul 1 to sign up. Info is here: Colorado Springs Solar Co-op | Solar United Neighbors

The omnibus bill passed last Dec extends the 26% federal tax credit to the end of 2022, not this year. That should give folks some buffer to get their installations done.
By the way, the non-profit Solar United Neighbors has announced their latest Colorado co-op for discounted installations to be in Colorado Springs. They aggregate a number of individual residential and commercial customers, and negotiate a single large contract at typical savings of 10 to 25%. Folks have until Jul 1 to sign up. Info is here: Colorado Springs Solar Co-op | Solar United Neighbors
I understand. You quoted a post from November when the extension had not yet been announced, and in early November and more so earlier people were still panic ordering solar to get the 26% credit.

And there is talk of the 30% credit reappearing, so maybe we all jumped the gun.

I understand. You quoted a post from November when the extension had not yet been announced, and in early November and more so earlier people were still panic ordering solar to get the 26% credit.

And there is talk of the 30% credit reappearing, so maybe we all jumped the gun.
Sorry about that! I should have read the date on the original post before replying.