Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Round 2 of NEVI Funding has been announced

View attachment 1035957

Arvada is in construction status, Aurora and Newly announced Bennett is in permit status. I wonder if Frisco is Copper Mtn., Glenwood springs should be an upgrade (thank goodness), Parker will be interesting seeing its off of the tollway.

Some good news here

There’s and map from CDOT with addresses and the Frisco location appears to be at the AC Hotel next to the Kum & Go. Glenwood does not appear to be an upgrade but a new location closer to I-70 at the LaQuinta.

Reactions: JamesEarl15
Interesting that new chargers are being built in Arvada and Wheat Ridge, both just a few miles down the road from the Mills. This seems to be a case of multiple smaller chargers being easier to site and power than one massive charger. They are also on different substations so there is better redundancy. The Arvada charger may be better suited to west bound I-70 traffic and Wheat Ridge has good access from east bound I-70. By having 3 chargers right at the base of the I-70 mountain corridor that should help reduce crowding in Idaho Springs.

I also think it's interesting that lots of people, myself included, speculated about the Wheat Ridge location before the Mills charger was discovered.

Reactions: gsmith123