Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado Tesla showroom reports "drive event party" by end of year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
stopped into my local Tesla dealership in Lonetree Colorado tonight and got a small tidbit on the availability of test vehicles.

The associates reported to me that they found out that they won't be getting any demo units until early next year.

However they said that there will be a drive event that is invitation only to reservation holders that will be held before the end of the calendar year.

I asked if there was a cap on how many people could attend considering the thousands that have reservations and they didn't know. They did say that it should have a party atmosphere.

I didn't realize you were in CO as well. Lone Tree is also my local store (in Centennial). I had a similar conversation with them in the store and they signed me up. They mentioned it would be a test drive event similar to what they did with the Model X but at the time they didn't know when it would be held (think it was back in June).

Hoping that us CO people can exchange info such as what places would be good to go for a clear bra, if there are any local energy company programs, etc and possibly have some kind of meetups once our M3's get delivered :D

Reactions: DrivingRockies
Details ? I vaguely remember something for businesses but not personal
My apologies. It expired :(

Federal EVSE (Charging Station) Rebate — EXPIRED (But There Are Still Great State Rebates)
The feds offered a 30% tax credit against the cost of electric vehicle charging equipment — including both conventional corded and wireless home charging stations. Stations installed before the end of 2016 may qualify for up to a $1,000 tax credit for individuals. Business could recoup up to $30,000 in charger and installation costs. Keep reading for state EVSE incentives still in play.

If anything were to turn me off from owning a Tesla other than a poor test drive or the fact that the model S demo units both were falling apart it would be the level of fanaticism of people in places like this.
You know which forum you're posting in, right?
This is the bona fide home of the Tesla fanatic :D
Don't even get some folks started on the difference between a charger and an EVSE or for good measure kW and kWh :rolleyes:

Glad it worked for you! Terrible terms for my usage.
They have a couple different plans. You didn't happen to sign up for the "peak" rate plan did you? That plan is definitely not EV-friendly. If you signed up for the TOU plan, did you change your usage to non-peak times?

We signed up for the regular TOU plan and changed our usage habits to take advantage of the non-peak rates. We have almost no usage during peak hours and we schedule car charging, most laundry and the dishwasher for non-peak times. This has helped us save 25 to 30% over the regular rate plan.

We have some Powerwalls on the way thanks to the referral program. Once they are installed (and the software updated to support TOU), we'll be able to have zero peak usage and perhaps zero should period usage as well. Would a Powerwall or two combined with the TOU plan help in your situation?

They have a couple different plans. You didn't happen to sign up for the "peak" rate plan did you? That plan is definitely not EV-friendly. If you signed up for the TOU plan, did you change your usage to non-peak times?

We signed up for the regular TOU plan and changed our usage habits to take advantage of the non-peak rates. We have almost no usage during peak hours and we schedule car charging, most laundry and the dishwasher for non-peak times. This has helped us save 25 to 30% over the regular rate plan.

We have some Powerwalls on the way thanks to the referral program. Once they are installed (and the software updated to support TOU), we'll be able to have zero peak usage and perhaps zero should period usage as well. Would a Powerwall or two combined with the TOU plan help in your situation?

What were you quoted on for installation of the powerwalls? I have considered them to augment my solar but primarily as a backup power supply... last time I looked into it they were very cost prohibitive compared to a small generator.

With two Powerwalls I could use the RD-TDR rate ;-)

Rates

What were you quoted on for installation of the powerwalls? I have considered them to augment my solar but primarily as a backup power supply... last time I looked into it they were very cost prohibitive compared to a small generator.
Fortunately I don't really have to worry about costs thanks to the referral program. I don't have any quotes yet but installation is included in the first Powerwall referral program prize. I've heard that installing additional Powerwalls is only $100 or so more when they do the first install. I admit the Powerwalls can be quite pricey if you have to actually pay for them plus installation.

Fortunately I don't really have to worry about costs thanks to the referral program. I don't have any quotes yet but installation is included in the first Powerwall referral program prize. I've heard that installing additional Powerwalls is only $100 or so more when they do the first install. I admit the Powerwalls can be quite pricey if you have to actually pay for them plus installation.

I would need 3 as I would want the ability to run about 50% of my house hold items for at least a day or two during a blizzard induced power outage when my solar was not operational.

When I looked into it the quote was about $20K.

Any Northern Coloradoans here? The closest showroom is in Boulder and they told me the invites will be mailed to all the reservation holders based on their location. Not sure if they know for sure this early....

Any Northern Coloradoans here? The closest showroom is in Boulder and they told me the invites will be mailed to all the reservation holders based on their location. Not sure if they know for sure this early....
They haven't had a showroom in Boulder for years. I bet the event will be at the Littleton and/or Lone Tree locations. Hopefully it won't be at Cherry Creek. I hate having to pay for parking.