Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado Tesla Motors Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like Luke moved to Hawaii. Poor guy.
I think Rob V is the man now in Denver, but I had the opportunity to have a ranger named Andrew come switch my tires today. He said there's lots of staff turnover unfortunately due to people getting trained and then shipped off to new service centers. Makes sense I guess, but I'm looking forward to stability.

This year we are going to be in Telluride for July 4th - I know they, along with other mountain towns, have homey 4th of July parades. Would any Colorado owners like to try and call the organizers and see if your American made, patriotic electric car (esp. if red, white, or blue) can participate? We are flying to Colorado so ours will unfortunately spend the days in our garage.

Tesla Enthusiasts,

I want to warn you all about canopy parking at DIA, Denver International Airport.

They have been decent until my experience last week.

They damaged the passenger seat in my Tesla P85D. The seat was moved forward all of the way and would not move back. I parked in Valet, they will charge the vehicle.

When I came back last Monday night late 4/25 the seat was broker, the attendants on duty were disturbed and apologetic, “sorry do not worry” , “we will get the car fixed” . I was there an extra hour trying to figure out what happened. I still do not know how this damage was done.

I brought the car to the Tesla Denver service center the next day. The service center is excellent, they had a full schedule but still got me in. They tried to move the seat back. The damage is so severe, the right side of the motor shaft stripped, the seat will not move. The motor shaft and the gear are one piece and part of the seat assembly. There is no way to release the seat.

The annual inspection was done April 12, the car was perfect.

The repair requires a new lower seat, the cost $1289.66 Canopy parking’s parent is Pro Park they have denied the claim. The claims manager was rude and unapologetic.

I have been patient all week, left messages for the manager, Pete (never called back) , the claims people and the assistant manager, On Friday the claims manager called and said we are not paying anything.

I explained the car was perfect when it was parked and damaged when I returned, clearly they caused the damage. He did not care. He kept repeating, “I am denying the claim.”

The claims manager was rude, he was bothered that I called him and left messages. They are a horrible company. I have consulted with council to make this right.

DO NOT PARK AT CANOPY!

I'm so sorry that happened. Ugh. It would do you well to post this on Yelp, and their Facebook page, and Twitter too. It may get you a helpful response, or it may just protect others from using their services.

I tried Canopy but had a bad experience twice in a row (no damage, thankfully. But clueless/rude ticket-taker and their system was down. They are run completely on their system so she wanted me to just pay cash. I had 7 free days on my account! What a hassle) Next time, try the new ParkDIA.com - it's pretty great and really close. Takes 5 minutes to get to the terminal.

Stories like this are why I have never, and likely will never, use any form of valet parking, in any circumstance. They are just never honest nor responsible and when (not if) your vehicle gets damaged, you're in for the fight of your life.