Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado to Delaware Cross Country Road Trip Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning on taking off early next week with my girlfriend and our dog in my Model Y. We are planning on taking I-70 all the way back east. I've worked out some rough trip plans with A Better Roundplanner, but was interested to see if anybody had any personal experiences making this trip that might be able to suggest good stopping spots, hotels (pet friendly), charging locations, etc. Also open to taking I-80 if that's a better option.

I’ve done the drive from CO to Indiana in Model X twice and doing it on our new Model Y next week as well. At least from Boulder area to Indianapolis on 70 I’ve stopped at Stoney Creek Hotel in Independence, MO. The hotel is fine, nothing great, but it is right at a Supercharger and about 12 hours in from CO.

Maybe we’ll cross paths at a supercharger in the next 10 days.

Reactions: mionske
Planning on taking off early next week with my girlfriend and our dog in my Model Y. We are planning on taking I-70 all the way back east. I've worked out some rough trip plans with A Better Roundplanner, but was interested to see if anybody had any personal experiences making this trip that might be able to suggest good stopping spots, hotels (pet friendly), charging locations, etc. Also open to taking I-80 if that's a better option.
This is an older post but curious, how did your trip go? We drove from Manhattan to Denver in April 2020 in a long range, early 2018 Model3. It was just as smooth as any other road trip I had been on. Exception was heater performance in Wyoming during a ferocious winter snow storm on I-80 (if you’ve been on that stretch then you already know lol) but now in 2021 the heat-pump fix would have a different outcome.