Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's my update. After trading emails on Wednesday with a DA in Fremont to set up the delivery appointment (10:30 am next Tuesday 9/25), I got called yesterday by another DA in Las Vegas to confirm details and answer questions. I asked him how much charge I should expect the vehicle to have at delivery since I have to drive it 70+ miles home to the Springs, and he said to expect a 50% charge but that it might be higher. I also asked him how early we should arrive, and he said we could show up as early as we wanted and look around the Littleton facility, or we could show up right on time, it was our choice. He said to expect the delivery to take 15-45 minutes. Super nice conversation, not rushed at all, very friendly guy. I also asked him when I'd get my VIN, and he reiterated what I was told by the first DA that it would populate 2 days before delivery.

I spent yesterday evening climbing around in the attic over my garage stringing 50 feet of 6/3 Romex, got it dropped down behind the drywall to my breaker box, put in the 50A breaker, and got the other end dropped down where my outlet will go. Had 2 feet to spare (phew). That 6 gauge Romex is expensive and kind of a pain to work with. Also ordered a nice Hubbell 14-50 outlet ($85) and stainless steel plate, but they won't get here until Monday. Feeling good to have the hard part done though, finishing the outlet will take 10 minutes. Total install will have costed me just under $300, almost half of it being the 6 gauge Romex. Need to clean out the garage this weekend and make room for the '94 Subaru in the third bay - yes, that's what I've been driving for the past 10 years. The whole thing reminds me of the push to get the baby's room pulled together before my first kid was born (the one who's about to get use of that Subaru).

I checked my account about 10 times today, and sometime this evening the VIN finally populated, 104xxx. Still waiting for the contract and final payment details. Dreading the possibility of getting "the call" about pushing back my delivery. Not sure if I should bother calling Littleton on Monday to confirm that my car is there; from a previous post, it sounds like they're not answering the phone anyway and the voice mailbox is full. Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery with no complications.

Here's my update. After trading emails on Wednesday with a DA in Fremont to set up the delivery appointment (10:30 am next Tuesday 9/25), I got called yesterday by another DA in Las Vegas to confirm details and answer questions. I asked him how much charge I should expect the vehicle to have at delivery since I have to drive it 70+ miles home to the Springs, and he said to expect a 50% charge but that it might be higher. I also asked him how early we should arrive, and he said we could show up as early as we wanted and look around the Littleton facility, or we could show up right on time, it was our choice. He said to expect the delivery to take 15-45 minutes. Super nice conversation, not rushed at all, very friendly guy. I also asked him when I'd get my VIN, and he reiterated what I was told by the first DA that it would populate 2 days before delivery.

I spent yesterday evening climbing around in the attic over my garage stringing 50 feet of 6/3 Romex, got it dropped down behind the drywall to my breaker box, put in the 50A breaker, and got the other end dropped down where my outlet will go. Had 2 feet to spare (phew). That 6 gauge Romex is expensive and kind of a pain to work with. Also ordered a nice Hubbell 14-50 outlet ($85) and stainless steel plate, but they won't get here until Monday. Feeling good to have the hard part done though, finishing the outlet will take 10 minutes. Total install will have costed me just under $300, almost half of it being the 6 gauge Romex. Need to clean out the garage this weekend and make room for the '94 Subaru in the third bay - yes, that's what I've been driving for the past 10 years. The whole thing reminds me of the push to get the baby's room pulled together before my first kid was born (the one who's about to get use of that Subaru).

I checked my account about 10 times today, and sometime this evening the VIN finally populated, 104xxx. Still waiting for the contract and final payment details. Dreading the possibility of getting "the call" about pushing back my delivery. Not sure if I should bother calling Littleton on Monday to confirm that my car is there; from a previous post, it sounds like they're not answering the phone anyway and the voice mailbox is full. Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery with no complications.
i see a smooth rode ahead for you, enjoy the drive home back to the Springs!

You should try dealing with 4/3 romex! I only had about 5 feet of it. But the worst part is that last 8 inches inside the charger. :eek:

Congrats on the VIN. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Reactions: Hank42
You should try dealing with 4/3 romex! I only had about 5 feet of it. But the worst part is that last 8 inches inside the charger. :eek:

Congrats on the VIN. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Thanks, and haha, yeah, I'm good with the 6-gauge. That stuff was a big enough pain threading around the rafters of my attic. I don't think they even sell staples at Lowes big enough for 4-gauge Anyhow, the whole thing just seems so surreal right now - wiring the charger for my new car. For a guy driving a 25-year-old beater, it feels like I've actually jumped into the 21st century or something. :p My kids will be thrilled when I pick them up from school in it - 2/3 of them don't know it's coming Tuesday, and I'm trying as hard as I can to keep it a secret (and oh boy is it killing me). Should be a fun day.

Reactions: rdlink
I drove by today around 2:00. There were a ton of Tesla’s waiting for delivery, almost every parking spot was taken up. There were three employees by the entrance to the parking lot checking people in as they drove in. I saw at least 5 deliveries taking place in the parking lot, and I’m assuming inside was full as well. For the short amount of time I was there, it didn’t look chaotic or unorganized, just busy.

I also just got assigned a VIN - 105XXX. Maybe my Friday delivery will actually happen!

When is your delivery?

Friday at 10:00.

I stopped by the delivery center a bit ago. Everyone there is so nice. All of the employees were saying hi to us, and engaging us in friendly conversation as we walked across the parking lot to the parts department, and while we were ogling the cars. Things are very active there. However, everyone seems chill but focused. One of the guys told me they did over 100 deliveries today. Right before we left a truck rolled in with about 6-7 T3's on it. The guy we talked to said that the cars are arriving straight from CA, and there is no holding lot. He said that they're pretty much arriving a day or two before delivery.

Sadly, my car is not yet on the lot.

I was there around 10:30 this am dropping off some donuts on behalf of the DTC. Everyone I spoke to was nice and seemed to have a positive attitude amongst all the end-of-quarter hoopla.

Agree about the Jaguar changes next door. I parked over there so as not to be in the way of the delivery activity and was surprised to see all the Jags. Not sure they thought that location through very well. Who's going to visit that dealer and ultimately not end up at Tesla?