Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my VIN tonight, 0916xx. Assumed I'd be in the 10x,xxx range too. I hope this is a new build and not a reworked rejected vehicle. With the non-sequential VINs it is hard to know.
Rob, I picked mine up yesterday with an 90xxx number - no issues and it was built Sep 2018. Love the car; only very minor issues. agree the Littleton folks are terrific.

• Informative
Reactions: riverFox and Rob D
Got my VIN tonight by randomly checking my account (wasn't there a couple hours ago), 1130xx, but I'm still waiting on my trade evaluation. I got way lowballed by CarMax so I'm concerned on what Tesla is going to offer. Low end kbb (rough condition, which is not the case) was 26k, CarMax offered 24k. I was hoping for 28k+, 27k on the low end for the condition on trade value. I've got a soft offer at 28,350 from BMW of downtown Denver, so I'm following up on that while I wait for trade appraisal from Tesla.
I've got financing set through an outside lender, but need to have my registration updated to add my wife since she is on the loan. I don't have contact info for anyone other that the DSA, which said someone else will handle that. Called the 888 and that person said my delivery agent was out of the office and will contact me to get that updated. Didn't tell me who that is, etc.
My delivery appointment is Friday, so I know there's a little time, but not much. I'm hoping everything goes smooth for the rest of the week.
I've got an appointment for Saturday for tint and clear bra, and I've got all the accessories I've been hoarding waiting for the car to install... And if course I can't wait to drive MY car.
Fingers crossed my appointment time sticks.

Got my car on Sat. VIN 65K. Initially when I got the vin I was worried it's a bit low, but checked the spreadsheet and there were a number of people getting the same VIN for the config at the end of Sept. Seems it's an early August build, car door says 8/2018. Found a dealership registration in the glovebox, which was only ~10days earlier than my delivery, so I don't think it had any previous issues, just sat in a lot for a month somewhere, probably. We heard of delivery hell, so not unexpected.

Since I choose to become a "difficult" customer just in case and asked them to pay after I see, they circumvented the procedure for me and did introduction/checking out first before the paperwork, which normally goes the other way around.

DA spent 5-10min talking about the car,charger etc. I listened, since I never tried to memorize where all controls are. Meanwhile we were checking out the exterior. I was mostly concerned about paint, window cracks, and underside damage from unloading. Didn't find anything major. I did feel a bit in a rush, since they kept mentioning they have so and so many deliveries to do in this hour, at one point I asked if I can just have time with the car myself w/o taking their time, so then DA left. He did mention you have 3 days to find issues at home, so there's no pressure to find everything there.

Holding the checklist in my hand, I realized I'm not going to have the patience to go through it all there. So, we did a really thorough job of checking interior/exterior (or so I thought) and since I realized there's no basis to reject, we went to do the paperwork. I only found one minor paint scuff around the headlight on the corner of a panel.

Asked if we could fix it right there(a touch up), but they said there was only one guy and he was not there, so probably I need one of those mobile appointments.

Also found some sticker residue on the front glass inside/right side and on top glass above. Asked if they could clean it, but they suggested I clean myself with some thing I can't pronounce/remember or a vinegar. So, I tried with vinegar, it's a bit challenging to get it off. It is mostly gone, but I think not entirely. So, if you get an option of them doing it, it could be a better choice.

In total, prob. spent 20 min outside with the car

After spending more time at home checking out the car with a flashlight, I also found another paint micro-chip in the middle of passenger front door, prob around 1.5mm diameter. And some pretty shallow small scratch on top, which I would not consider a scratch on a car that's not new.
Also found dirty fingerprints on the inside of driver's visor (I think I forgot to open it there) and on the headliner above the door. I feel like outside light made it less visible than a dim light in the garage, so I did not see it there.

The only major issue is that charge port door does not close after charging. It keeps reopening. I would not have found it there, since there's no charging involved in delivery. However, it nags at me that they likely saw it when supercharged the car and did not fix it. The charge port door only closes when you walk away with the key and the car turns off. Then the charge port door also closes. I'm thinking they may be consciously delivering some of such known issues with expectation to fix them later.

There's also something unorthodox about the blinkers...sometimes it feels like they get stuck and you have to unstuck them. Maybe I'm not used yet to how they work, but it doesn't feel
normal.

So, planning to get this stuff in writing soon, but otherwise no regrets.

The car is great, my favorite feature so far is that you don't need to press brake before turns, b/c regenerative braking slows you down enough.

The acceleration is faster than I expected (didn't drive it before) the car comes with "Chill" mode on, so I did not get to feel it on the way back home. But when I changed the chill to standard and tried for the first time I got yelled at and my wife said "let me out", the daughter however said she liked it and once I traded places with my wife, she was soon doing the same :D

There's also something unorthodox about the blinkers...sometimes it feels like they get stuck and you have to unstuck them. Maybe I'm not used yet to how they work, but it doesn't feel
normal.
@Moderatefan , great report...thanks.
There are a number of posts on the Tesla forum about left turn signals staying on after the turn. It may be related to what you are experiencing.

Reactions: rdlink
Finally just got a hold of my DA to update my driver's license info - still on for a Sept. 29 @ 1:30pm delivery in Littleton. No VIN yet, but DA said it should show up along with MVPA a day or two prior to delivery date. We'll see...

Question for you. When you reference your DA are you talking about the person (likely in CA) who originally reached out to you for scheduling? Or is this someone here in Littleton? The reason I asked is because I have only heard directly from one person at Tesla. A guy who emailed me nearly 4 weeks ago to set up my appt. I responded back, and he scheduled it. Haven't heard a peep from anyone since, though my VIN populated on Saturday.

I am a cash buyer with no trade in, so there isn't likely to be a lot of back and forth. But given my interaction with the original scheduling guy (didn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer) I would feel more comfortable if I were communicating with a person in Littleton.

I am a cash buyer with no trade in, so there isn't likely to be a lot of back and forth. But given my interaction with the original scheduling guy (didn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer) I would feel more comfortable if I were communicating with a person in Littleton.
So, you're in my scenario. I got scheduling email from SA in CA, responded with a date, they updated my acct immediately, but only responded to email a day later. After this, I have not heard from anyone, got VIN and payment option 3 days prior to appt. Edit link was working whole time before that. DA from Littleton introduced herself 23 hours prior to delivery via text. No other contact.
I was not patient enough to wait until that 23hr notice and drove there to check if they have the car the day before.
I don't think I met my DA(Neera) - sounds like an Indian name; I had a guy doing the car introduction and paperwork was done by a white girl. So, probably DA is just for questions prior to delivery?

I just received the ability to pay using an ACH transfer on the website. I've been planning on paying with a cashier's check on delivery day - is there any reason to think that paying on the website now vs using a cashier's will have any affect on delivery timeline?

I realize there are other reasons for choosing ACH vs. cashier's check and am solely interested in the affect on the timeline.

I just received the ability to pay using an ACH transfer on the website. I've been planning on paying with a cashier's check on delivery day - is there any reason to think that paying on the website now vs using a cashier's will have any affect on delivery timeline
No. Once you commit to paying cash, ACH vs cashier's check doesn't make any difference. They offer the ACH info in case you choose that option because normally the transaction requires 2 to 3 days to clear.

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8
Thanks for the reply. In that case I will stick with my plan on using a cashier's check since there is no benefit to ACH (and some potential downsides).
Agree. Too many reports of last minute delivery cancellations, although mostly at sites other than Littleton. It would be upsetting to transfer the money then find out you have no car.
Two years ago I used a personal check to pick up my MX. I called the delivery team at Littleton last week to see if this would still work for my M3 delivery. They said they would reluctantly accept it, but much prefer a cashier's check.
I plan to use the cashier's check on Thursday. I'm waiting for a final Purchase Agreement to get the exact amount, but Plan B is get the cashier's check for slightly under the estimate, and use a personal check for the balance.

Thanks for the reply. In that case I will stick with my plan on using a cashier's check since there is no benefit to ACH (and some potential downsides).
ACH is free. A cashier's check will often cost $10. That's not a huge amount but ACH is cheaper.

I was also told that ACH could be done on the day of delivery and many have been able to send payment during their delivery appointment.

• Informative
Reactions: riverFox
ACH is free. A cashier's check will often cost $10. That's not a huge amount but ACH is cheaper.

I was also told that ACH could be done on the day of delivery and many have been able to send payment during their delivery appointment.
My bank charges $2, but even $10 seems reasonable.
Littleton rep did tell me you could do a same-day ACH on their computer or yours, but the transaction won't clear until 2 to 3 business days after your pickup.

I’m actually able get free cashier’s checks from Wells Fargo. A couple years ago I had a large amount of cash parked in my savings account temporarily (long story). I went in to get a cashier’s check and the banker looked up my account info and offered to put me in some sort of special “High-roller:rolleyes: account type” (I don’t remember what she called it but that was the gist of it) that gives me better interest rates and free cashier’s checks. I said ok, and then two minutes later I asked for a cashier’s check that mostly drained the account. But I seem to have retained all of the benefits.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
Just got my VIN - 105xxx. My original delivery was scheduled for this Saturday 9/29. I got an email from my DA today asking if I could come in this Wednesday. Unfortunately I'm in D.C. on business and don't return until Thursday. I told him I could come in Friday if it would help. He said, "yes it'll be less crowded than Saturday". Hopefully all goes well.

Question for you. When you reference your DA are you talking about the person (likely in CA) who originally reached out to you for scheduling? Or is this someone here in Littleton? The reason I asked is because I have only heard directly from one person at Tesla. A guy who emailed me nearly 4 weeks ago to set up my appt. I responded back, and he scheduled it. Haven't heard a peep from anyone since, though my VIN populated on Saturday.

I was originally contacted via email by someone in CA to schedule my delivery. From there I've been working with an IA (Inside Advisor) in Vegas. He's been great and extremely responsive. He moved up my delivery, got me my trade-in offer today (after I submitted yesterday), then matched CarMax's offer (which was $400 higher) about an hour later. Then I my VIN populated in my account.

Reactions: rdlink