Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No results for either the full VIN or the last 8. My buddy picked up his car in Littleton a few weeks ago and his car was trackable with the full VIN a few days before his delivery.

Yeah, I just did another search using the full VIN of the Silverado that it found with the 8 digit search. It came back with a result. So I guess our cars aren't in the United Road system. Not putting a ton of stock in that, though. They are moving a ton of cars right now (38 trucks in Littleton yesterday) and I think they're probably using multiple carriers.

Assuming you guys are using only the last 8 digits of the VIN? Their website (lower on the page) says to use the last 8 digits. If you put in the whole VIN it will come back as not found.

FWIW I put in my last 8 digits the other day and it came back with a result. But it was for a Chevy Silverado that was delivered to Ponca City, OK last year...

If you didn't use the last 8 digits before try it again with just those. Curious to see if you get any good hits. I suspect that they are using other companies, though.
Yeah I was using the last 8 and I tried the full VIN.

Yeah, I just did another search using the full VIN of the Silverado that it found with the 8 digit search. It came back with a result. So I guess our cars aren't in the United Road system. Not putting a ton of stock in that, though. They are moving a ton of cars right now (38 trucks in Littleton yesterday) and I think they're probably using multiple carriers.

Yep to be fair my Insurance company also doesn't see my VIN as valid. So I imagine they could not be in a lot of systems.

Well, I do know that transports all have to have the VIN. Last year I bought a car in FL and had it shipped to CO. I couldn't even get quotes from the transporters without a VIN.
I tried my VIN on United Road - full number and last 8 digits, and it wasn't found either. I read somewhere on another forum that Tesla recently asked United Road to hide their VINs. Of course, there's a lot of inaccurate mish-mosh going around on forums right now packed with curious purchasers (like me). Another possibility is that the cars are coming in on Tesla's own-built carriers and aren't in the United Road system. (Tesla starts building its own car carriers due to ‘extreme shortage’ in Model 3 delivery rush week, says Elon Musk)

I just want to confirm that my car actually arrives sometime today so that I have a little more confidence in my delivery appt. tomorrow evening. If it has to push to Thursday, I have a bunch of my own logistical problems to work through, and I'd need to start on that asap. Maybe I'll ping my DA later today and see if he knows anything, or try calling Littleton again and see if they're answering their phones yet.

I tried my VIN on United Road - full number and last 8 digits, and it wasn't found either. I read somewhere on another forum that Tesla recently asked United Road to hide their VINs. Of course, there's a lot of inaccurate mish-mosh going around on forums right now packed with curious purchasers (like me). Another possibility is that the cars are coming in on Tesla's own-built carriers and aren't in the United Road system. (Tesla starts building its own car carriers due to ‘extreme shortage’ in Model 3 delivery rush week, says Elon Musk)

I just want to confirm that my car actually arrives sometime today so that I have a little more confidence in my delivery appt. tomorrow evening. If it has to push to Thursday, I have a bunch of my own logistical problems to work through, and I'd need to start on that asap. Maybe I'll ping my DA later today and see if he knows anything, or try calling Littleton again and see if they're answering their phones yet.

I think the likelihood of getting an answered call at Littleton will go down as the week goes on. Given the fact that so many trucks showed up yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if your car is there already, given that you're supposed to take delivery tomorrow.

Picked up my DM today. Got there 20 minutes early and was gone in about an hour. Walked in, signed some forms, got a walk through. Done. Everything looks great after a 10 min look through everything. Autopilot synced in about 20 miles. I'm going to give it a full run through after work. SUCH A COOL CAR!

Wow, can this be true?
I mean, if they were only making 4k/week until recently and it seems CA gets like half of all deliveries, can they send 25% of cars made in a week to just Littleton? What about the rest of U.S.A.?

Based on the massive number of reports of cancellations on the east coast, I'd guess that's exactly what they're doing... sending everything they've got to California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Based on the massive number of reports of cancellations on the east coast, I'd guess that's exactly what they're doing... sending everything they've got to California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington.
Still seems unreal, there are other closer states. They must have accumulated huge numbers in Lathrop and Burbank and finally found a way to clear these out by the Q end. This seems optimistic, hoping to see not more than 5K in transit in Q results.

There goes my theory as to why they cancelled my delivery in Colorado last week. I was thinking they shipped mine to the East Coast since they could get a replacement to Colorado sooner and delivery both this month. No new delivery scheduled yet.

Been here in Littleton for 5.5 hrs now (minus a round trip Uber to home and back on their dime). Rollercoaster!
Miscommunication between the people who prep the cars and the guy who told me to come in a day early to get my car.
When I returned a little before 5p I was told that my car's bumper had been damaged by what looked to be a 'velociraptor'.
I had a new VIN in my future. I'd already signed all paperwork including the title of my trade in. We were putting license plates back on my old car when the delivery manager came to me saying they had the same car here they could get me today, but it had 19" wheels instead of 18" and white interior instead of black... same price for me. I considered my options and discussed my concerns about tire performance and cost as well as how stain resistant the white was. vs... who knows when i'd be able to get my car as originally configured. So, I agreed to take this last minute replacement and am waiting for it to get cleaned up and paperwork updated on the backend.
After having my delivery date delayed twice already, this has been quite a ride. Hopefully everyone else's experience exceeds mine. I will say that everyone involved has been very nice and i've returned that favor to them myself. Just trying to keep it zen up in here. :)

Interesting that they were willing to swap you to a $3k more expensive build while eating the difference. (Totally appropriate in your case, but the first instance I've heard of.)

We are entering the Final Days™ of the push, indeed.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Been here in Littleton for 5.5 hrs now (minus a round trip Uber to home and back on their dime). Rollercoaster!
Miscommunication between the people who prep the cars and the guy who told me to come in a day early to get my car.
When I returned a little before 5p I was told that my car's bumper had been damaged by what looked to be a 'velociraptor'.
I had a new VIN in my future. I'd already signed all paperwork including the title of my trade in. We were putting license plates back on my old car when the delivery manager came to me saying they had the same car here they could get me today, but it had 19" wheels instead of 18" and white interior instead of black... same price for me. I considered my options and discussed my concerns about tire performance and cost as well as how stain resistant the white was. vs... who knows when i'd be able to get my car as originally configured. So, I agreed to take this last minute replacement and am waiting for it to get cleaned up and paperwork updated on the backend.
After having my delivery date delayed twice already, this has been quite a ride. Hopefully everyone else's experience exceeds mine. I will say that everyone involved has been very nice and i've returned that favor to them myself. Just trying to keep it zen up in here. :)

Nice that they offered this, and it sounds like it was mutually agreeable. Not that I hope for any drama on my delivery, but I would have taken this deal. White became available after I ordered, and then once I drove a demo P3D Red with white interior, I wished I had white but didn't want to take the risk on delaying my production.

Reactions: voip-ninja
Nice that they offered this, and it sounds like it was mutually agreeable. Not that I hope for any drama on my delivery, but I would have taken this deal. White became available after I ordered, and then once I drove a demo P3D Red with white interior, I wished I had white but didn't want to take the risk on delaying my production.
I’m in the same boat, I would have switched to white if I wasn’t told it could delay my order by several months (in hindsight, I probably would have had it already).

It’s done and looking awesome. First full day of driving since picking up a week ago! Amazing car and amazing job by Kirby and the guys at Colorado Clear Bra with a full XPel Ultimate body wrap and window tint.

upload_2018-9-25_22-44-29.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-25_22-43-47.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-25_22-43-47.jpeg
    564.1 KB · Views: 49
  • upload_2018-9-25_22-44-13.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-25_22-44-13.jpeg
    592 KB · Views: 27
Interesting that they were willing to swap you to a $3k more expensive build while eating the difference. (Totally appropriate in your case, but the first instance I've heard of.)

We are entering the Final Days™ of the push, indeed.

Well, I finally drove her off the lot little after 10p tonight. 9hrs there, mostly due to the paperwork changes. After chatting with a number of employees during the wait, it seems the deal I got was unheard of in their experience so far. Extenuating circumstances, similar car availability (how? no one knows), and rush to hit end of quarter played in my favor I guess. I've barely had time to explore things and i'm beat... I might not be getting much done at work tomorrow (I work from home), ha!

I'd heard 88 deliveries today (a record so far, but not for long), but that was before the last 2 of us actually got our cars, so maybe it was 90?

Reactions: Zaxxon and riverFox