Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Utterly ridiculous BS. Screw the Colorado Auto Dealers Association and the politicians they own. Protectionist scum. <End Rant>

And the flip side is that we get a $5,000 state tax credit for buying these luxury cars.

While Colorado dealers have been territorial and aggressive it doesn't seem to have slowed down adoption of electric cars in Colorado one iota.

So, been trying to work with my DA this morning to get a MVPA to send to my 3rd party lender in time for delivery tomorrow (mix up with their system switching from Tesla Financing to 3rd party *facepalm*) - does the link text in my account eventually change from "Order Agreement" to "MVPA" under the documents section? Mine is still showing order agreement, but when I open up the PDF the title in the doc is "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement", though the content appears to still be from the order agreement (ie. only shows itemized list of my configuration with prices totaled. Any insight?

So, been trying to work with my DA this morning to get a MVPA to send to my 3rd party lender in time for delivery tomorrow (mix up with their system switching from Tesla Financing to 3rd party *facepalm*) - does the link text in my account eventually change from "Order Agreement" to "MVPA" under the documents section? Mine is still showing order agreement, but when I open up the PDF the title in the doc is "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement", though the content appears to still be from the order agreement (ie. only shows itemized list of my configuration with prices totaled. Any insight?

Yes, the link will change from "Order Agreement" to "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" once you have the full MVPA.

Reactions: AndyJB444
Out of curiosity. You or anyone else know how the $5k state tax credit works?

I pay my accountant to deal with that stuff. All she initially asked for was the make/model/year of the newly purchased vehicle, the VIN and the date it was put into service.

If memory serves there is also some form you have to get from the manufacturer or "dealer" to claim it but that was a couple years ago not sure what the process is now.

• Informative
Reactions: riverFox
Good luck, I'll be heading down from Fort Collins Saturday morning for my delivery, fingers crossed.

Good luck tomorrow!! Picked up my car yesterday!! Super smooth process. Arrived about 20 minutes early and was out of there within a half hour. It was busy but never crowded and I never had to wait more than 2 minutes for anything!!

Awesome experience. Now I just need to figure out where to get my window tint and PPF done. :)

Had a frustrating morning. I called Tesla to see if I am still on for delivery tomorrow since I don't have a VIN/MVPA yet and didn't want to drive up to Denver without knowing for sure. They lady said I was assigned a VIN two days ago and when I asked her for it, she said she'd put in a request for my IDA to relay it to me. When I finally got contacted by my IDA, she sent me the dreaded delivery cancellation message with a generic "next few weeks" for contact.

Ugh.

Took delivery this morning at LIttleton. Was a great experience. Plenty of staff to help us get parked, queue up for paperwork, etc. Personal check - no problem. Look over car before paperwork - no problem. Everyone at Littleton was super nice, helpful, cheerful, and upbeat. Even when I noticed a couple of customers that had some frustration or wanted to go off the Tesla script, the workers took in in stride and with a smile. Also met three current owners there answering questions and serving the koolaid -- all very nice folks. I wish I had asked them if they are on this forum.

Overall the car was in excellent condition. Panel gaps, alignment, paint, interior are all great. I have found two problems so far:
  • One minor < 1mm bump in the paint on the edge of the bumper right below a headlight. No even noticeable.
  • I have the Right Turn Signal problem mentioned elsewhere on the forum. Light tap right stays on forever. Pressing down (right) does not turn off right turn signal. Left (up) all work as expected. One surprising thing about this was that a light tap right for a lane change in EAP did turn off the signal after 3 blinks.
Home now and confirmed my self-installed wall connector is delivering 48A. Homelink was a breeze to set up. So was wifi.

Car came with SW 36.2 installed. Autopilot calibrated on the way home and I was able to engage it during the drive (without stopping/restarting). I am excited to experience the V9 SW when it rolls out.

BTW, 916xx VIN with 09/18 mfg date.

Reactions: rdlink and riverFox
Homelink was a breeze to set up.
Mine was tough. Pointing clicker at the bumper did not work at all. Tried like 10 times. Opened hood and stuck the clicker inside, then it worked.
Potentially, some LED bulb interference from inside the door opener motor casing. I was lazy to replace them. Finally went few days ago and got 2 Genie bulbs at $10/piece. Got the last one in Lowes and had to go to Home Depot for 2nd one, so they are widely available(in the garage doors section)

• Informative
Reactions: riverFox
I’m scheduled for 6pm tonight. Any idea if I show up sometime this afternoon they could squeeze me in early? If I beg and agree to patiently wait for them to squeeze me in?

Or is that a futile effort?

Any luck showing up early? I had an emergency today to tend to and couldn’t make my appointment :(. They rescheduled me to tomorrow at 5:30pm but it’s a horrible time for me, I requested earlier but they said they are booked. They said if I can’t make that time I will have to wait until October for another car. Uggh.

I just went to Littleton to try to figure out what's happening. It's a zoo.

I'm too annoyed to write up a detailed account, but basically where I'm at is that they can't/won't tell me why the VIN has been removed from my order, they can't/won't tell me whether I have a car assigned and, if so, where that car is, and they say my appointment has not been canceled but that they don't know there will be a car there for me when I show up in the morning.

Mine was tough. Pointing clicker at the bumper did not work at all. Tried like 10 times. Opened hood and stuck the clicker inside, then it worked.
Potentially, some LED bulb interference from inside the door opener motor casing. I was lazy to replace them. Finally went few days ago and got 2 Genie bulbs at $10/piece. Got the last one in Lowes and had to go to Home Depot for 2nd one, so they are widely available(in the garage doors section)

I've searched a couple of times to find some hard science on the LED bulb interference with the garage door opener, but haven't found it yet. I have LEDs in my garage door opener and 3 more in the ceiling with a motion detector switch by the door into the house. I've never had an issue. Makes me wonder what is different about my setup vs those who have had problems and post on the internet. Different/newer opener (I have a 2 yr old liftmaster)? Different bulbs (I have phillips). I really like the LEDs for the install and forget factor.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker