Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a scheduled delivery for tomorrow (Saturday) morning at Littleton, and a signed MVPA. I'd love to make sure the car is actually there before travelling half way across the state (I'm in north CO) but my delivery assistant stopped responding days ago, and calling the Littleton "delivery" departments gets "voice mail box is full." Any ideas how to check before travelling there? With a signed MVPA, does it seem likely the car is there, in case I can't get confirmation?

(<Rant> What a S***Storm - I've got some tolerance for Tesla working to "break the mold", but it *definitely* ain't unlimited, and the fastest way to p*** me off is dishonesty that hurts paying customers!! Sorry - now a feel a little better! </Rant>)

Any ideas how to check before travelling there? With a signed MVPA, does it seem likely the car is there, in case I can't get confirmation?

After the VM full announcement, it gives you a number to press for assistance (maybe 0?). When I pressed that I was routed to a center in Las Vegas where they were able to check the database and confirm when my car arrived in Denver.

Also, someone posted a different number for LIttleton in this thread. Checking my phone call history, I think it is 888-771-2505. They answered when I called, but basically gave me the same info from their computer. I didn't expect them to physically put eyes on my VIN given how busy they are.

Wish you luck @bcompton32 ! What city in No Co?

I've searched a couple of times to find some hard science on the LED bulb interference with the garage door opener, but haven't found it yet. I have LEDs in my garage door opener and 3 more in the ceiling with a motion detector switch by the door into the house. I've never had an issue. Makes me wonder what is different about my setup vs those who have had problems and post on the internet. Different/newer opener (I have a 2 yr old liftmaster)? Different bulbs (I have phillips). I really like the LEDs for the install and forget factor.
At one point I replaced all incandescent bulbs in the house we bought with LEDs, about a year after we moved in. My wife at some point started having issues with her clicker (my car had homelink and did have range reduction issue, but not as severe). At first I thought the clicker broke, but it didn't- you had to park the car right in front of garage door and stick the clicker outside the window for it to work. Didn't work from inside the car anymore. I didn't realize those events of replacing bulbs and her clicker issues could be connected, cause she told me about her issues much later. Until I saw someone bring up interference issue in this forum.

And the flip side is that we get a $5,000 state tax credit for buying these luxury cars.

While Colorado dealers have been territorial and aggressive it doesn't seem to have slowed down adoption of electric cars in Colorado one iota.

The flip side is that the $5000 is much better spent subsidizing the adoption of environmentally friendly technology, than using it to subsidize the fossil fuel industry.

If I spend $64K on a Tesla it doesn't make it any less environmentally friendly than a $40K Chevy Bolt. I didn't see anyone asking the CEO of BP how expensive of a car he owns before he got his tax break.

It's not about whether the practices of the CADA has slowed EV adoption. It's about whether they artificially remove choice and convenience from the consumer, to protect an industry that should not be protected simply for their lobbying efforts and legal bribes. The CADA is not as concerned about EVs. They're concerned about competition from a different, more consumer friendly business model that sets its sights squarely on their good old boy network.

Any luck showing up early? I had an emergency today to tend to and couldn’t make my appointment :(. They rescheduled me to tomorrow at 5:30pm but it’s a horrible time for me, I requested earlier but they said they are booked. They said if I can’t make that time I will have to wait until October for another car. Uggh.
No. I got there around 2:00 and they were pretty swamped. Asked if I could get delivery early and said they were just too busy. Back now for my 6:00pm.

I just went to Littleton to try to figure out what's happening. It's a zoo.

I'm too annoyed to write up a detailed account, but basically where I'm at is that they can't/won't tell me why the VIN has been removed from my order, they can't/won't tell me whether I have a car assigned and, if so, where that car is, and they say my appointment has not been canceled but that they don't know there will be a car there for me when I show up in the morning.

Damn. That sucks. Crossing my fingers for you. What time is your appt? I will be there tomorrow with my son in law. His delivery is scheduled for 12:30.

Took delivery this morning at LIttleton. Was a great experience. Plenty of staff to help us get parked, queue up for paperwork, etc. Personal check - no problem. Look over car before paperwork - no problem. Everyone at Littleton was super nice, helpful, cheerful, and upbeat. Even when I noticed a couple of customers that had some frustration or wanted to go off the Tesla script, the workers took in in stride and with a smile. Also met three current owners there answering questions and serving the koolaid -- all very nice folks. I wish I had asked them if they are on this forum.

Overall the car was in excellent condition. Panel gaps, alignment, paint, interior are all great. I have found two problems so far:
  • One minor < 1mm bump in the paint on the edge of the bumper right below a headlight. No even noticeable.
  • I have the Right Turn Signal problem mentioned elsewhere on the forum. Light tap right stays on forever. Pressing down (right) does not turn off right turn signal. Left (up) all work as expected. One surprising thing about this was that a light tap right for a lane change in EAP did turn off the signal after 3 blinks.
Home now and confirmed my self-installed wall connector is delivering 48A. Homelink was a breeze to set up. So was wifi.

Car came with SW 36.2 installed. Autopilot calibrated on the way home and I was able to engage it during the drive (without stopping/restarting). I am excited to experience the V9 SW when it rolls out.

BTW, 916xx VIN with 09/18 mfg date.

Congratulations. The volunteers who were at the center today are with the Denver Tesla Club FB page. Some of them may be on the forums, but I'd recommend you consider joining the page if you're on FB. Great group of folks.

Is anyone else showing Westminster in their account for delivery tomorrow? I got a text telling me home delivery but the account page says Westminster now... I have no idea what to do, nobody is picking up the phone and hasn't all day. Any magic numbers to call?

... and now I'm screwed, too. Thanks Rod for the tip to dial 0 after the full voicemail box. They changed my VIN after giving me the signed MVPA, and won't have the car for me at the scheduled appointment tomorrow. The agent I got on the phone literally said "I don't know why no one contacted you about the missed delivery." (!!!) Now I have to go back to my bank to get the loan paperwork changed to reflect the new VIN. The new promised delivery date is late next week. I'm out (at *least*, so far) a week's worth of interest on the loan with no car. *Not cool* Tesla. :mad:

Picked up my car at Littleton a short time ago. I can't believe how fast and fun to drive it is. I only spent about 30 seconds looking at the interior and exterior of the car (as I was late for a family event) and at first glance everything looks perfect. I'll take the 72 hours to do a detailed inspection over the weekend.

The Tesla staff and Volunteers were also great. Frank (one of the volunteers) gave me a great rundown in the showroom model as I was waiting for my car to be brought to the delivery area. Thanks Frank!

I talked to an employee based out of the San Francisco location who travels around to different SC's to help with delivery and he said he couldn't believe how well Littleton has the process down. He said they are delivery north of 150 cars today.

I do have one rant, not against Tesla, but against a fellow new MD owner. I was originally scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but my IA called me earlier in the week and asked if I could take delivery Wednesday. I was in D.C. on business through yesterday so I said I couldn't do Wednesday but would be happy to come in Friday if it would help them. He said it would and put me down for 6pm. I told him that was a bit late as I had a family function to attend. He said show up a bit early and they can squeeze you in. I went over there at 2pm today and they were swamped and couldn't get me in, so they said come back in a few hours and we will try and get you in a bit early.

I got there at 5pm and they got going on my paperwork around 5:30. I made my way to the podium to get my car around 5:45. I gave the guy my name and he radioed my name and an appt. time of 6pm to the guys that bring the car around. This lady behind me says to her husband "see that's the problem, he has a 6:00 appointment." I felt like turning her around and explaining the situation, but figured it's just not worth it. There are some people who just feel the need to comment on stuff they know nothing about. End of rant.

Enjoy your cars everyone, they are amazing.

Reactions: riverFox and Zaxxon
Quick question about AP calibration. I didn't have a chance to drive it enough to let it finish calibrating. It got a little over 3/4 done. Will it pick up there tomorrow or will it start over? Just curious so I can plan accordingly to drive more if needed before heading out for the day.

Thanks.

And congrats on the car! I'm glad to hear that Littleton was still humming along. I was there earlier today among several other volunteers, and I was also impressed at the efficiency with which the staff were working.

There were around 25 delivery spots in use while I was there, and within about 5 min of a car driving off, another was slotted in, often from the 2ndary holding lot. Littleton Blvd was basically a constant parade of Teslas.

I'm sure it's frustrating for those of you on the receiving end of the poor communication and delays (my father-in-law is picking up in Chicago tomorrow after a week delay, and still does not have a final MVPA--he's not pleased), but the staff on the ground are quite clearly kicking some ass.

Reactions: whatthe2
So I finally received my mvpa at around 7:30pm tonight. My loan officer is of course off till Monday. Do I even bother trying to pick up my car tomorrow or just wait until Monday to reschedule once my loan is squared away?

Any chance you'd be open to financing through Tesla instead? That could help. I'm sure that's a drastic change, tho.

And congrats on the car! I'm glad to hear that Littleton was still humming along. I was there earlier today among several other volunteers, and I was also impressed at the efficiency with which the staff were working.

There were around 25 delivery spots in use while I was there, and within about 5 min of a car driving off, another was slotted in, often from the 2ndary holding lot. Littleton Blvd was basically a constant parade of Teslas.

I'm sure it's frustrating for those of you on the receiving end of the poor communication and delays (my father-in-law is picking up in Chicago tomorrow after a week delay, and still does not have a final MVPA--he's not pleased), but the staff on the ground are quite clearly kicking some ass.
Yep, agreed. I saw them bring my car into the lot to deliver and noticed they pulled in from off the Tesla lot, so not sure where they are detailing these, but looked to be off-site somewhere.

Also, one thing to note, they aren't having people sign the DMV registration form in order to expedite paperwork. They said they will mail me the form and I'll complete it and send it back, then they will send paperwork off to DMV. So may be a little longer delay than usual when buying a new car to get the title complete notice from the DMV. No big deal as we have plenty of time on our temp tags. Just a heads up as you usually expect to fill that out when you buy the car.

Does anyone know how Tesla handles the paperwork for registration?
Here's what they told me:
Also, one thing to note, they aren't having people sign the DMV registration form in order to expedite paperwork. They said they will mail me the form and I'll complete it and send it back, then they will send paperwork off to DMV. So may be a little longer delay than usual when buying a new car to get the title complete notice from the DMV. No big deal as we have plenty of time on our temp tags. Just a heads up as you usually expect to fill that out when you buy the car. Once you get that notice you can to to the DMV and register the car.

Edit: If for some reason you haven't received the title complete notice before your temp tag expires (has happened to me before) you can either have Tesla give you another temp tag or you can go to the DMV and get a new temp tag while they are still processing.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: riverFox and Runt8