Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry I didn't report back yesterday but I was having way too much fun!

I arrived at Littleton at 9:50, 40 minutes before my scheduled appointment (just how my transportation worked out). They were fine with that, I checked in, and went into the showroom.

I was greeted within a couple of minutes and the girl took my name and went to look for my paperwork. After spending a minute or two combing through the folders with the day's queue of paperwork, I could see her getting worried. She apologized and said she needed to go check something and my stomach sank.

She went into the back room and, luckily, emerged with my paperwork a few minutes later. She said my car had gotten in late the night before so they had done my paperwork at the last minute. She reviewed the MVPA with me and asked me to sign and pay, but I asked if I could see the car first. She said no problem, I had to wait about 10 minutes while they pulled the car around and finished detailing it, and then I got to inspect with no pressure.

All I found was a tiny 1mm paint chip along the edge of the driver's door (looked like the door had been opened into something), some fine scratches on the center console, and the charging door is not flush. I was told to take pictures of everything and email them to the service center by end of day Monday and they would make arrangements to fix everything.

Otherwise it looked perfect. Paint, glass, panel gaps, interior, everything looks perfect. The car had 4 miles on the odometer.

I went back inside, signed the MVPA, wrote a personal check for the full amount, went outside, and spent 5 minutes with a Tesla employee going over the car. He helped me get the app working and set up my phone key settings. I told him I already knew how to drive and charge it. I spent a few more minutes in the car getting everything set, and then I drove home!

The whole process was definitely quick, but it felt efficient rather than disorganized or rushed. Which was refreshing after the *sugar* show of miscommunication and chaos leading up to my delivery!

As everyone here already knows, the car is unbelievably fun and worth the wait. We're planning to spend today driving through the mountains.

Sorry I didn't report back yesterday but I was having way too much fun!

I arrived at Littleton at 9:50, 40 minutes before my scheduled appointment (just how my transportation worked out). They were fine with that, I checked in, and went into the showroom.

I was greeted within a couple of minutes and the girl took my name and went to look for my paperwork. After spending a minute or two combing through the folders with the day's queue of paperwork, I could see her getting worried. She apologized and said she needed to go check something and my stomach sank.

She went into the back room and, luckily, emerged with my paperwork a few minutes later. She said my car had gotten in late the night before so they had done my paperwork at the last minute. She reviewed the MVPA with me and asked me to sign and pay, but I asked if I could see the car first. She said no problem, I had to wait about 10 minutes while they pulled the car around and finished detailing it, and then I got to inspect with no pressure.

All I found was a tiny 1mm paint chip along the edge of the driver's door (looked like the door had been opened into something), some fine scratches on the center console, and the charging door is not flush. I was told to take pictures of everything and email them to the service center by end of day Monday and they would make arrangements to fix everything.

Otherwise it looked perfect. Paint, glass, panel gaps, interior, everything looks perfect. The car had 4 miles on the odometer.

I went back inside, signed the MVPA, wrote a personal check for the full amount, went outside, and spent 5 minutes with a Tesla employee going over the car. He helped me get the app working and set up my phone key settings. I told him I already knew how to drive and charge it. I spent a few more minutes in the car getting everything set, and then I drove home!

The whole process was definitely quick, but it felt efficient rather than disorganized or rushed. Which was refreshing after the *sugar* show of miscommunication and chaos leading up to my delivery!

As everyone here already knows, the car is unbelievably fun and worth the wait. We're planning to spend today driving through the mountains.

Congratulations, and welcome to the club. Agree on the efficiency of the process. However, there were some dropped balls. They delivered my SIL's without a real detail, as it arrived from the holding lot about 20 minutes after he had signed the paperwork. So they were doing a "spit shine detail" while he was in the car doing the orientation, and he had to stand outside of the car and wait to do the orientation because a prep person was doing his phone connection installation. Finally, I had to insist that someone come back over and finish the cleaning/dressing of the tires. Overall, not a bad experience. But not quite as polished as mine on Wednesday.

For those with delivery delays or issues, hang tight it’s well with the wait. I was never much of a car guy, but I can’t get over how much I absolutely love driving this car.

I’m starting to get bummed the weekend is over. I travel every week for work and have to rent an ICE for the week. Not sure I can do it, I may have to find another job that keeps me local.

My final update:
I was scheduled for delivery Thursday, 29 Sep, but got a text that morning that the car was MIA, likely still in California. The disappointment only lasted a short time as the excellent Tesla Littleton team reached out, found the car and rescheduled me for Tue, 2 Oct. But then they went one step further and contacted me Saturday (29 Sep) morning to let me know it arrived early, and I could come by at 4 to pick it up...which we did.

Littleton looked more like Walmart on Black Friday, than a new car delivery site yesterday (only without people being smacked upside the head with a Tickle Me Elmo toy). The lines were long but Tesla had the process running very smoothly. We waited only 15 min in the processing line, took less than 5 minutes to had over a check and confirm the purchase order (no checking of insurance or drivers' licenses). The only long wait was about 1.5 hours for our car to come around front. But that wait was very pleasant chatting with other customers, and volunteer owners. I got to meet the infamous DAErik and many other volunteer owners that gave up a Saturday to help new customers with orientations. A huge thank-you to all of you volunteers! We had a very pleasant, and knowledgeable, husband and wife team help us with our orientation.

The car was perfect, EAP took less than 12 miles to calibrate on the way back to Monument, and after spending 6 months reading the owners manual, I felt right at home in the car. The number of times I looked behind the steering wheel for the speedometer was definitely less than 100. My only issue is with my Android 5.1 cell phone not staying connected to car as a key. Every time I walk away, I have to reset Bluetooth to get it to reconnect. I'll just use the key card while waiting for the FOB to come out.

A Tesla rep in Littleton told me yesterday that on Friday, they delivered more than 230 cars (I can't remember the exact number), and set a new all time, one-day delivery record for all Tesla sites. And, they were going to beat that record yesterday. Congrats to the entire Tesla Littleton team!

Reactions: riverFox and rdlink
My appointment was at 5pm yesterday for MCR P3D+, we got there 45 minutes early and promptly were told to get in line for the paperwork. Unfortunately for me two people in front on me were wanting to make changes to their loans so that took a long time. Finally I got up there and signed away my money. Next I was prompted to go into another line to let them know to pull my car around. At this point I noticed my car showed up in my Tesla app, I used the GPS locate function to see what part of the lot it was on and then flashed the lights to pinpoint it. I told the guy that I knew where my car was at and that I didn't need an orientation so he told me to just go get it. I went over to it and they hadn't detailed the inside yet and the paper tag wasn't on it. I was able to grab someone who helped me out immensely! He got me my paper tag and then took down the three items I found that needed fixed. The detailers were nice and took good care of getting my car cleaned. Was a really good experience and every single Tesla employee was friendly and helpful.

Picked up mine on Saturday,, 070XXX obsidian back dual motor. The car was not clear (bummer) but not totally filthy, inside was looking pretty good. The charge port does not sit flush. The weatherstripping on the top looks dubious (though I think this is common across all cars), and there are some rattles when driving I'll want them to look at. The only other issue I found was that the frunk latch clicks and rumbles when opened (maybe this is normal?).

All in all, I am very pleased... and wow, what a fun car to drive.

Reactions: riverFox
As mentioned, Littleton was crazy Saturday evening... We were one of the outliers, the process was not smooth at all. They didn't have our paperwork and couldn't figure out what was going on for the longest time. We were there almost 5 hours, didn't leave until after 10:00. Luckily some of the volunteers (Frank, David - thank you!) would poke their heads in and try to get updates for us. Apparently it was some kind of issue with the trade-in and how it was working with the loan. Didn't really get a full explanation, but to be honest at that point, I just wanted to get home and get my kids to bed.

The car itself is amazing. Didn't notice any issues with it at all, with the possible exception of the left turn signal issue. Definitely more of a fun commute this morning!

I've got the turn signal issue as well. What's the consensus on this? I was hoping it would be fixable with software, but I read another thread on TMC forums that said it was the steering column control module and that it needs to be replaced.

Has anyone here had this fixed yet? If so, what was your experience? I made an appointment for October 9th.

As mentioned, Littleton was crazy Saturday evening... We were one of the outliers, the process was not smooth at all. They didn't have our paperwork and couldn't figure out what was going on for the longest time. We were there almost 5 hours, didn't leave until after 10:00. Luckily some of the volunteers (Frank, David - thank you!) would poke their heads in and try to get updates for us. Apparently it was some kind of issue with the trade-in and how it was working with the loan. Didn't really get a full explanation, but to be honest at that point, I just wanted to get home and get my kids to bed.

The car itself is amazing. Didn't notice any issues with it at all, with the possible exception of the left turn signal issue. Definitely more of a fun commute this morning!
I don't think it was clear for many of the new buyers which line they needed to stand in. Perhaps there was supposed to be someone pointing them to the correct line but I saw buyer after buyer at the "orientation/delivery" line that had to be sent back to the paperwork line. I think people were just coming in and standing in line and weren't aware that the two lines were for different steps of the process. I'll make some suggestions for next time. I think a couple signs such as "Step 1 - Paperwork" and "Step 2 - Delivery/Orientation" would've saved a lot of buyers a lot of time standing in (the wrong) line. I know your issue was more involved than most, seeing as you were waiting so long. There was still at least one buyer waiting when we finally left after 10:30 pm. Hopefully she got her car!

Nice meeting you and hope you and your family enjoy the car(s). ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: rdlink
I've got the turn signal issue as well. What's the consensus on this? I was hoping it would be fixable with software, but I read another thread on TMC forums that said it was the steering column control module and that it needs to be replaced.

Has anyone here had this fixed yet? If so, what was your experience? I made an appointment for October 9th.

I made an appointment for getting my door adjusted and my turn signal on the 10th. I'm frankly not even sure whether I have the turn signal issue or not. On Wednesday when I picked up the car the turn signal seemed to be working perfectly. A light push gave me 3 blinks both directions. A hard push gave me constant blinking both directions. A second light push would turn off the constant blinking in both directions. And of course completing a turn would turn off the blinker, too.

I received an update on Thursday morning, to 36.2. I drove it for a bit on Thursday, but not a bunch. I drove it much more on Friday and Saturday, and started to notice some inconsistency in the left turn signal. It was fine a lot of the time, but then I would notice some occasional issue with it not turning off when I gave it a secondary push. Unfortunately my car is at the detailer this week, and I won't have it back until Saturday, so I can't do any further testing. I have a road trip beginning on Sunday until Tuesday, so I should be able to put it through some more testing prior to taking it in.

I don't think it was clear for many of the new buyers which line they needed to stand in. Perhaps there was supposed to be someone pointing them to the correct line but I saw buyer after buyer at the "orientation/delivery" line that had to be sent back to the paperwork line. I think people were just coming in and standing in line and weren't aware that the two lines were for different steps of the process. I'll make some suggestions for next time. I think a couple signs such as "Step 1 - Paperwork" and "Step 2 - Delivery/Orientation" would've saved a lot of buyers a lot of time standing in (the wrong) line. I know your issue was more involved than most, seeing as you were waiting so long. There was still at least one buyer waiting when we finally left after 10:30 pm. Hopefully she got her car!

Nice meeting you and hope you and your family enjoy the car(s). ;)

Yes, having signs for which line to be in would have been a big help. I did ask someone early on, just to make sure I was in the right line. It was actually recommended to us that one of us stand in the paperwork line and one stand in the delivery line. Might have worked out well if we didn't run into the paperwork issue. I think that other buyer was in the delivery line right behind my wife, so she had a very long day too.

Sounds like my poor experience with delivery was the exception to the rule.

I showed up about an hour early, but ended up spending over 3 hours at the service center. When I arrived they couldn't find my paperwork. About a half hour later, I was told that they were reprinting it. Half an hour after that I was told that "there were some issues with the paperwork, so they're working on it in the war room". I was asked to stand in line for the walk through of the car, but when I got to the front of THAT line, I was told that they didn't have "eyes on" on my car. About an hour after that I was told that they were having issues with paperwork due to my trade in, and they finally found my car and did the walk through. Half an hour after that, they brought out the paperwork and it was still wrong.

They were confused by the fact that I was financing the vehicle through the same place as I originally financed my trade in, and that they needed to treat the trade-in as being paid off (I told them this at the start of the process and requested they call the number on the paperwork if there was any confusion). A half hour later, they finally had everything right, and I was able to leave with the car. It was dirty. The only "detailing" work that had been done was when the guy doing the walk through cleaned the exterior of the windows with glass cleaner (the inside of the windows weren't cleaned). I would have expected that after 3 hours of me waiting that it would have at least been cleaned.

The fit/finish seem pretty good. I did find some scuffs/scratches on the passenger side front bumper, and a couple of small paint issues that I emailed the service center about yesterday. Oh, and I have the turn signal issue too. Anyone have any idea on how long they usually take to respond?

I think most deliveries went pretty smoothly but there were several throughout the day that took longer to process. I volunteered for over 12 hours on Saturday and whenever I saw someone standing for a long time by the 'orientation' queue, I made a point to try to help escalate those deliveries. I asked if someone was helping them and if the car was already showing up in the app. I would then have them pull out their phones and check the location of their vehicles. Then I would run around the lot and work on getting those through the detailers next and then was able to handle some of those deliveries or pass them off to other volunteers. There were a few cars that had mobile access disabled. It wasn't that hard to track those cars down during the day but once it got dark, it made it a lot more difficult...especially considering the number of midnight silver. blue and black cars they had on the lot. For one Model S delivery, I went around the entire lot multiple times and eventually had 3 Tesla employees helping search for it as well. We finally found they had moved it into a service bay for a minor cable repair. They hadn't updated the vehicle location in the computer yet which is why we couldn't find it where it was supposed to be! :)

Reactions: rdlink
I think most deliveries went pretty smoothly but there were several throughout the day that took longer to process. I volunteered for over 12 hours on Saturday and whenever I saw someone standing for a long time by the 'orientation' queue, I made a point to try to help escalate those deliveries. I asked if someone was helping them and if the car was already showing up in the app. I would then have them pull out their phones and check the location of their vehicles. Then I would run around the lot and work on getting those through the detailers next and then was able to handle some of those deliveries or pass them off to other volunteers. There were a few cars that had mobile access disabled. It wasn't that hard to track those cars down during the day but once it got dark, it made it a lot more difficult...especially considering the number of midnight silver. blue and black cars they had on the lot. For one Model S delivery, I went around the entire lot multiple times and eventually had 3 Tesla employees helping search for it as well. We finally found they had moved it into a service bay for a minor cable repair. They hadn't updated the vehicle location in the computer yet which is why we couldn't find it where it was supposed to be! :)

Can't say enough good things about the work the volunteers did Saturday, really don't know what they would have done without you! I hope they do something nice for everyone that gave up some or all of their weekend to help out.

I don’t think they go orange anymore, the UV coating that caused that is now built into the glass.
That's what I thought too until DA made me think it's back by popular demand sounding very confident it was happening...False alarm I guess.

I didn’t notice a specific colored tint. Mine is 9/18 build. Do you mean looking from inside or outside?
Outside, if the back window is sprinkled. Used to show orange tint previously - until summer.

I'm frankly not even sure whether I have the turn signal issue or not. On Wednesday when I picked up the car the turn signal seemed to be working perfectly. A light push gave me 3 blinks both directions. A hard push gave me constant blinking both directions. A second light push would turn off the constant blinking in both directions. And of course completing a turn would turn off the blinker, too.

I am now almost convinced I don't have the issue. The only time I had a problem is when changing lanes and blinker was on permanently. To turn it off I would move it in the opposite direction and quite often - hard enough to switch the signal to the opposite direction. The fix to this is to push the stalk once in the ORIGINAL direction, not the opposite. Then it turns off and everything works consistently every time. I'm still not sure though if things are the way they are supposed to be in the middle of the stalk movement, but otherwise no issues functionally.