Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery 9/28 and still haven't received any paperwork. I expected to receive a postcard from the DMV once they had received the info from Tesla. Colorado DMV allows you to search to see the status. I enter my VIN and purchase date and it replies "The information you entered could not be verified." Calls to Littleton are unanswered; they roll to the corporate call center where the wait time is estimated to be 50 min.
I took deliver the same day as you and didn't get my paperwork until last week. Once I did, it was all fine with the DMV and my registration is complete. Hang in for a day or two, I suspect it's "in the mail."

I took deliver the same day as you and didn't get my paperwork until last week. Once I did, it was all fine with the DMV and my registration is complete. Hang in for a day or two, I suspect it's "in the mail."
I took delivery 9/28 too but still no paperwork. I think I was scheduled for 3 pm delivery but there were some issues with the paperwork so it might've been 6 pm or later by the time I left.

Fortunately I got a new temp tag when I stopped by over the weekend so we're good for now.

I took delivery 9/28 too but still no paperwork. I think I was scheduled for 3 pm delivery but there were some issues with the paperwork so it might've been 6 pm or later by the time I left.

Fortunately I got a new temp tag when I stopped by over the weekend so we're good for now.
Seems you're overdue. I got mine after 5 weeks 9/22 delivery (and saw others get in about the same timeframe). Then waited another 3 weeks after registration for custom plates to show up in the mail. Group Special License Plates | Department of Revenue - Motor Vehicle
carbon fund MC web.jpg

Simple online donation, can be one-time, print out certificate and take to DMV. Few min delay, but then few weeks waiting for the mail, of course. I like them though. Makes a clear statement that you would have a hard time expressing with a single custom word - plus annual fees for that.

Attachments

• carbon fund MC web.jpg
    carbon fund MC web.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Reactions: ajlja
Seems you're overdue. I got mine after 5 weeks (and saw others get in about the same timeframe). Then waited another 3 weeks after registration for custom plates to show up in the mail. Group Special License Plates | Department of Revenue - Motor Vehicle
View attachment 356289
Simple online donation, can be one-time, print out certificate and take to DMV. Few min delay, but then few weeks waiting for the mail, of course.
I saw FEDEX park in front of the house today. I prepared myself for the document package but watched as he dropped the envelope off next door. I guess it wasn't my time yet. :(

I'm starting to wonder if they prioritize financed cars. Mine was a cash transaction so they got the money already. Maybe they process financed first so they can start collecting those funds?

Last edited:
I saw FEDEX park in front of the house today. I prepared myself for the document package but watched as he dropped the envelope of next door. I guess it wasn't my time yet. :(

I'm starting to wonder if they prioritize financed cars. Mine was a cash transaction so they got the money already. Maybe they process financed first so they can start collecting those funds?
Mine was all cash too. I've seen few other references to 5 weeks. Although... not sure maybe there was some process change as far as paperwork you sign at the delivery? We were just a week apart though.

5 weeks:
Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
  • Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Has anyone in CO received a notification that the Dual Motor badges are available? I need to schedule a service appointment to get a couple of small issues resolved but I'd like to get the badge installed at the same time.
We saw last Wednesday that all the new AWD cars had their badges installed. The Performance models still don't have badges. We neglected to ask when we would get the badge for our AWD Model 3 that was delivered in September.

You should be able to mention the badge in your online service appointment request. When/if they call to discuss, I would think they would be able to mention badge availability.

Hey guys - I'm taking delivery at the Littleton SC in a few days... (Probably before the weekend..) -- I don't think I ever remember having to 'wait for paperwork' to register a car; is this unique to Tesla?

And have we verified that, like if I take delivery today, and it takes 5 weeks or so to get the paperwork, (into January) the $5000 state credit is still definitely able to be filed with 2018 returns?

Also, I guess last question trying to go from experiences you guys have had: The Littleton SC - Do they let you do a quick walk around of the car before you sign on the line? I've heard of some SCs not allowing this, and you have to sign and pay before even seeing the car. (Mine isn't CPO, it's a new inventory car...)

How have the delivery experiences been there lately?

Hey guys - I'm taking delivery at the Littleton SC in a few days... (Probably before the weekend..) -- I don't think I ever remember having to 'wait for paperwork' to register a car; is this unique to Tesla?

And have we verified that, like if I take delivery today, and it takes 5 weeks or so to get the paperwork, (into January) the $5000 state credit is still definitely able to be filed with 2018 returns?

Also, I guess last question trying to go from experiences you guys have had: The Littleton SC - Do they let you do a quick walk around of the car before you sign on the line? I've heard of some SCs not allowing this, and you have to sign and pay before even seeing the car. (Mine isn't CPO, it's a new inventory car...)

How have the delivery experiences been there lately?
You can still file for the 2018 state tax credit, assuming you've already registered the car. That allows you to take delivery in December 2018, register in February (or March...) 2019 and claim it when filing your 2018 taxes.

I took delivery on a busy day (last Friday of Sept). They were very accommodating when I asked to see the car before paying. I wouldn’t expect you have have any difficulty doing it.

Roguenode, how is your 3 doing up in Nederland?

It is doing great. Travel along the Peak to Peak highway, over to Estes or Black Hawk, down Left Hand Canyon, etc. is a blast when the roads are clear. I'm used to the range impact of mountain roads and winter and it is good enough I generally don't think about it. I am getting pretty poor efficiency, but it is hard to resist the go pedal so that's on me.

Biggest concern so far is that the car stays outside. Bears tend to like my driveway and I have had curious one's scratch cars in the past. I have a HPWC and use Teslafi's scheduler to have it charge to around 80% when I get home at night and then about an hour before I leave each day it is set to bump the charge limit to 90% and turn on the climate control, so I leave with a warm car and warm battery. That is not as reliable as I would like as there is no cell signal at my home and the car sometimes does not wake on WiFi and receive the commands. So far no notable issues with ice or snow in terms of entry or with driving now that I have my snows on. It can be tough to be patient waiting for ICE cars to muster up the strength to go up the big hills though :D.

Reactions: HeatproofGenie
It can be tough to be patient waiting for ICE cars to muster up the strength to go up the big hills though :D.

Ha, that is tough everywhere!

Thanks for the report and good to hear you haven't had issues. I skate ski at Eldora quite a bit but haven't been up yet, probably will go tomorrow and will take the 3. I need to get snow tires though. Was waiting on Costco to get some stock but that might have to look elsewhere as it doesn't seem to be happening.

Reactions: roguenode