Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado Wyoming Montana state park trip next week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was hoping to get some input from locals in the area.
My wife and I have been trying to decide if we should drive out (from Michigan area) and see the state parks in your area. Start at Rocky mountain National Park, through Yellowstone up to Glacier national park.
We would be in Rocky Mountain late next week, Yellowstone a couple days after that and glacier a couple after that (Oct 1st).
The reason for this direction of loop is the up to the sun road in glacier is closed until the 29th for maintenance.

We would only be driving in the daylight at all times. I would still have summer tires on.

My worry is weather (snow) at any point during our trip because of the summer tires and animals (hitting them because of increased activity).

Is this trip to risky to do? Thoughts?

Should be fine. Keep an eye on the weather. I think it’s only a concern over the passes, and most of them are still going to be dry. November, though, I would say no. Most of the passes have web cameras on them nowadays.

Yellowstone should be fine. Glacier will be partially closed, I imagine, and not sure you can get over the going to the sun highway in October. They update that pretty regularly, so check as you go.

It’s all gorgeous country anyways, even if you don’t get into the park.

Should be fine. Keep an eye on the weather. I think it’s only a concern over the passes, and most of them are still going to be dry. November, though, I would say no. Most of the passes have web cameras on them nowadays.

Yellowstone should be fine. Glacier will be partially closed, I imagine, and not sure you can get over the going to the sun highway in October. They update that pretty regularly, so check as you go.

It’s all gorgeous country anyways, even if you don’t get into the park.

Thanks for the insight.
We decided to stick a pin in the trip for now, maybe next year a little earlier to have peace of mind.

I think they're forecasting the snow level to drop to around 3,000' in Washington state by the end of the week, so putting the trip on a to do list for later sounds like a good plan.

We've driven our S to Yellowstone, but didn't have it when we went to Glacier. We'd love to add Rocky Mountain to our list, too. We'd gladly return in the S or our 3, but I'm not sure I can convince the kids that another 2,000+ mile round trip road trip sounds as much fun for them as it would be for us. :D