Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colored Protective Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the little bit of research I did when I was thinking about the same thing, the colored films are not as thick and don't offer as much protection as the actual protective films. Yes, they'll offer more than having nothing but you may not get as much as you think you are getting vs paying for paint and then getting it wrapped.

;)
22448259_1743992245673640_6999583670813482943_n.jpg

They didn't wrap the door jambs or the inside of the doors. But, there is no obvious line where the wrap starts and the other color shows. It barely wraps over the edge of the door. So, it just looks like a different color inside. It is done very well and my passengers don't even notice the change from outside to in. In the photos, you can see the inside color as well as the edge of the door. If you look closely at the left edge, you can see the color wrapping around.

The exact cost of the wrap is hard to say, since I had other things done at the same time. It is probably between $3000-$3500. The shop where I had it done is excellent. I had previously used them when I wrapped my Model S in Satin Black. They are very experienced and friendly. They will even make suggestions when you are designing it. They really know their stuff.

In addition to the body wrap, I wrapped all the chrome in a gloss black. I had the wheels powder coated in gloss black and the brake calipers painted red (with the Tesla logo painted back over them). I had a ceramic coating called Ceramic Pro put over the wrap. It is a extra layer of protection and allows dirt and bugs to wipe right off. As for the inside, I had the windows tinted and had the center console wrapped in the same color as the exterior (photo).

Attachments

• IMG_4017.JPG
    IMG_4017.JPG
    324.4 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_4020.jpg
    IMG_4020.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_4021.jpg
    IMG_4021.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 452
I saw the most wonderful colour on a Model 3 yesterday. Someone wrapped their M3 in an amazing looking blue chrome. I do like the rare colours as they make the car stand out and different than the rest. The photos you guys have provided are pretty awesome.

Waiting on mine to finish being wrapped. Taking awhile because they are doing it in extreme detail (taking off front and rear bumpers and other parts to ensure no gaps are shown)

3M Caribbean shimmer flip.

Attachments

• 29BEC12F-41A2-472F-B549-04D95D1D07FD.png
    29BEC12F-41A2-472F-B549-04D95D1D07FD.png
    909.6 KB · Views: 473
Reactions: RedOctober