Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll never regret having more range... I found a CPO P90D with Ludacris mode and it only has 2800 miles but the 250 mile range is keeping me from getting it. Even though it has nearly every option I want and it's a $30k savings from a new P100D. That extra 40 miles of range makes a big difference in my world. Ugh!!!
Don't forget the P100D get's less range than the 100D.

I've always had white cars and ended up seeing and getting a blue inventory X with white interior. It has really grown on me and the blue is a very "royal" striking blue overall. You do have to take care of the paint but not quite as bad as a black - it can get swirls, etc. They all do but darker colors show it more. Love the blue though overall.

As far as battery, range is king, you'll hear that always. The 100D is the way to go, if you can. If not, 90D, then 75D. 100D is probably the best as far as future resale. Elon stated today that 100kWh is the max for S/X he sees being offered ever (we'll see).

Remember, cold climates/months will take away a lot of range, X is hard to get rated miles anyway, especially in TX going over 70mph. Then you'll also only be charing to 90% of stated range most of the time as well as you'll have degradation over time on top of all that.

For example, say you have a Model X 75, with 237 stated miles of range.

237 Full Charge or bit more new.
225 100% charge after 5% degradation (max likely) say up to 20K miles to even off.
202 Miles typically at daily recommended 90% charge
------ that will be your base in time.

Further examples:
- 10% driving at normal freeway speeds, >55/60 mph I'd say. Ending 180ish miles true range. It is impossible to get the rated 320watts per mile to get true rated range IMHO.
- 25-40% in cool to cold weather, dramatically impacting your range. Could have you around 110-140 miles actually usable then.

100D would build on top of all this.

Actually Elon said that they currently had no plans to go over 100 kWh, much less definitive.

- 25-40% in cool to cold weather, dramatically impacting your range. Could have you around 110-140 miles actually usable then.

That's if you run the heater... ;) Though I can't imaging a happy wife doing that... lol. Time to get some Canada Goose then lol.

We don't go on too many long vacations (maybe 1/year) that would cause us to stop a couple more times in a 75d vs 100d so that is my rationalization. Also, if we go on a long vacation when it's more mild/warm, we'll have closer to 200 miles anyway. It's just the winter that has me crunching numbers.

Another thing I'm taking into consideration is the launch of the Model 3. I see 2 sides to this...

1.) There will be more superchargers getting stood up.
2.) There will be more Model 3's using them.

I guess it depends on the ratio of both and how many people will be traveling when we do.

That's if you run the heater... ;) Though I can't imaging a happy wife doing that... lol. Time to get some Canada Goose then lol.

We don't go on too many long vacations (maybe 1/year) that would cause us to stop a couple more times in a 75d vs 100d so that is my rationalization. Also, if we go on a long vacation when it's more mild/warm, we'll have closer to 200 miles anyway. It's just the winter that has me crunching numbers.

Another thing I'm taking into consideration is the launch of the Model 3. I see 2 sides to this...

1.) There will be more superchargers getting stood up.
2.) There will be more Model 3's using them.

I guess it depends on the ratio of both and how many people will be traveling when we do.

I would have went for 100D as of now as it was cutting it too close on some trips here from IL to TX, required a slow down, etc. And the 100D would technically charge faster, say if you did only go to 80/90% since it wouldn't be in that upper 10 slower range yet - remember they taper based on physical capacity. Supercharging is not as fast and convenient IMHO as people make it out to be - 40+ minutes often is not preferred. 100D would help with this at times.

100D is a worthwhile option, the P100D well if guy have wads of cash and you want to show off to your friends how ludicrous your car is but otherwise I would skip the P version.

I have seen Blue with white interior - looks really cool and sophisticated. I have Black Obsidian with white interior. Yesterday I saw a red with white interior and that too looks good just that I don't know if I can have a red car for more than a day. Not my type. I have always had a Black or Silver.

As someone else mentioned, tan on any car currently doesn't cut it for me except for Porsches. The old British Saddle Tan is my liking. But I am surprisingly very happy with the white interior -it has maintained well with very little care if at all.

I would have went for 100D as of now as it was cutting it too close on some trips here from IL to TX, required a slow down, etc. And the 100D would technically charge faster, say if you did only go to 80/90% since it wouldn't be in that upper 10 slower range yet - remember they taper based on physical capacity. Supercharging is not as fast and convenient IMHO as people make it out to be - 40+ minutes often is not preferred. 100D would help with this at times.
Hmmm. Do you have the 72A onboard charger?

There is a post on the Model X Owners Facebook group that shows a blue Model X in winter. A very stunning photo, but I won't copy it here since the person who posted it is a professional photographer and is asking people to not repost it.

(I have a blue/white Model X on order so I'm a bit biased. Just wish I could have gotten it with the Figured Ash...)

Reactions: ModelX
@ohmman had started separate threads for each color pictures. Use the search with the term "photos" in the Model X: interior and exterior section and you will find them. I believe we have pictures of at least the popular interior and exterior combinations.
I believe some or all of those were collected in the media section of the Model X group. Some of them are quite nice. I still can't decide among white/black/tan interiors. I can hope for a new interior choice at the M3 Part 3. :)

100D is a worthwhile option, the P100D well if guy have wads of cash and you want to show off to your friends how ludicrous your car is but otherwise I would skip the P version.

I have seen Blue with white interior - looks really cool and sophisticated. I have Black Obsidian with white interior. Yesterday I saw a red with white interior and that too looks good just that I don't know if I can have a red car for more than a day. Not my type. I have always had a Black or Silver.

As someone else mentioned, tan on any car currently doesn't cut it for me except for Porsches. The old British Saddle Tan is my liking. But I am surprisingly very happy with the white interior -it has maintained well with very little care if at all.
Any pics? Love that combo!

mohanman say "Disagree the figured ash wood looks majestic and royal in my tan interior and blAck exterior. Love i"

I Agree with your Disagree. My wife loves it and that's the only thing that matters. Mo loves it 2
75F29D1B-387C-4987-BF51-7C57A1082541.JPG

Regarding the figured ash, I've been looking at it more, and it seems to be inconsistent. I've seen beautiful examples, and I've seen some truly awful ones. I've seen a few inbetween, but not many--pretty much the extremes. Unfortunately, some of the truly awful examples were in the showroom and in the car I took for the test drive, and that set the tone in my mind.

It looks pretty good in those above photos. In fact, it seems to look better in the Model X than in the Model S.

When I saw the showroom "swatches" and how it played out in one of the showroom cars and my test drive car, though, I couldn't switch to carbon fiber fast enough. I'm happy to keep it that way, too, as I'm not up for gambling on getting a good one.

Yeah, now, THAT looks terrific! I've seen too many examples, though, where it's all swirled, whorled, and curled, and it just doesn't work. The bad examples look almost like they've painted a fake grain over another grain and done a very poor job of it.

I wasn't willing to drop $100k on a car only to hold my breath and hope it came out looking good.