Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colour coding for Mobile Connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks ucmndd. I am having a tail that goes into the Mobile Connector fitted with an Australian three pin plug. In Australia blue or black are neutral and red or brown are active. White is often switched active for two way lights.

Just to confirm, are you saying that, of the three heavy gauge wires from the tail of the Mobile Connector, that green is earth, white is neutral and black is active? I can check when I receive my Model 3 at the end of March, but I am planning to be charger ready.

I have purchased two tails for my Mobile Connector to have wired to 32 amp plugs. Am I correct to assume that the Green wire is earth, the heavy gauge white wire is active and the heavy gauge black wire is neutral?

In the US the black is "active" as I it would've the brown in Australia. The white is neutral in US which is typically blue in Australia.

This assumes single not 3-phase.

Thank-you woodguyati. It certainly pays not to assume that one's country's logic is the same as another country's logic. I am glad that I asked the question.

Actually, both the white and the black wires will be active/hot for a 240v plug in the US, but there should be no difference whether you use it as a neutral and that is probably why it is white.

Split-phase electric power - Wikipedia