TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Colour combo

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by neilrlsmith, May 19, 2019.

1. neilrlsmith

neilrlsmith Member

Anyone else going for blue and white (with aero wheels) :)

2. Oddbin

Oddbin Member

White interior? Braver than I!

Aero wheels and blue but I'm hoping to get the caps and covers and remove the aero wheel covers.

SR or LR?

3. neilrlsmith

neilrlsmith Member

SR. Read posts and viewed videos and apparently they are far easier to keep clean than people think (assuming that's what you're referring to)

4. Oddbin

Oddbin Member

Yeah the longevity and ease of cleaning are what springs to mind as the main things that would make me hesitate to pick white over black.

5. neilrlsmith

neilrlsmith Member

Has a special coating. Some great videos on people throwing all sorts of stuff on them and it comes off easily! Never had white and it looks so premium that I'm taking the leap!

6. Edsh0t

Edsh0t Member

Yes, blue and white for me. Performance though so no aero wheels.

7. LukeT

LukeT Member

We ordered blue and white too. S rather than 3 so standard silver 19" wheels rather than aero. Pretty much everything I read on the white says it'll be fine but there's a little trepidation here too!

8. -DB-

-DB- Member

#8 -DB-, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    I was debating between blue and red still torn but went for the red. I would have went for the white interior if I’d bought the blue as I liked that combo.

Upgraded to the sport wheels as not fussed on the Aeros

SR, Black Interior

9. neilrlsmith

neilrlsmith Member

I like those wheels as well but having already paid for paint and white I need to draw the line. Unless I go for black exterior or interior, then I could. Oh no...back to edit design :)

10. -DB-

-DB- Member

#10 -DB-, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    My sentiments exactly!

This thread makes it even harder to decide!

I wonder if changing colour, etc at this stage would impact delivery time. They have a warning about it on the designer, but that's been there since day one.

11. imsyb

imsyb New Member

We also went for the blue with white interior and aero wheels.
    Would look better with silver alloys I think but wanted the 18" for the comfort - specially on UK roads...

Was quite confident going with the white interior but then saw this video....now getting worried :(

12. -DB-

-DB- Member

White is supposed to be more stain resistance. I think there was a Musk tweet about it at some stage....

The dye from your new jeans will still rub off on it though. It just means you'll have to clean it more often.

That would happen with black too, you just wont see it as much. It happens on our red leather car too.

13. LEE3

LEE3 Member

I have gone with midnight silver with black interior and have kept the aeros with the intention of removing the aero disc / covers immediately. Then the alloys underneath will be broadly matching the colour of the car.

• Like x 1
  14. culverwood

culverwood Member

We went for blue with tan interior. A bit of an old man's colour scheme but then my last few cars have been that colour combination.

15. MorayEVGuy

MorayEVGuy Member

Went for white with black interior, added 19" wheel option.

• Like x 1
  16. neilrlsmith

neilrlsmith Member

Have now actually seen a blue model 3 with white interior (Park Royal, London). Totally subjective but I left with these thoughts...

1) White is a bit bling/showy
    2) White is very bright. I almost had to squint!
    3) Unsurprisingly dirt (and I mean loose dirt) shows up easily so you would need baby wipes in the car.

So I think I might change back to black!

17. -DB-

-DB- Member

If you decide to change, let us know if it impacts your delivery time. The site is now showing July for delivery instead of June.

18. neilrlsmith

neilrlsmith Member

Will do. I'm no 9 in the UK so am expecting a phone call within a few weeks to confirm my order. I will then ask about any changes and its impact and then post on here.

• Informative x 1
  19. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

original deposit years ago? If so I am doubting that will make any difference [to actual delivery date] unless you are buying a Premium model ... but, that said, all backlog (for orders of current models) should be satisfied by July so it won't make a lot of difference ... and maybe none at all.

20. neilrlsmith

neilrlsmith Member

Yes. I've actually been told I can pretty much have whatever I want and it won't change the date. We'll see...