Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colour match for Sport Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess not, T Sportline emailed me back to say it wouldn't match. I talked to teslasuper.store and they said their OEM sonic silver matches. So I've ordered from there. I'll update this thread so anyone in the same boat can find this down the road.

I guess not, T Sportline emailed me back to say it wouldn't match. I talked to teslasuper.store and they said their OEM sonic silver matches. So I've ordered from there. I'll update this thread so anyone in the same boat can find this down the road.

Did you end up receiving this and confirming it matches? I wanted to pick it up also if so.

Sorry I never followed up.

Tried 2 different colours from TeslaSuper.store and neither matched, the rash looked better lol. Any wheel place within 100 miles wanted me to leave the wheel with them so I didn't bother. Tesla ended up giving me a new rim under good will! So I've got my curbed one as a spare.

For those of us Model 3 owners with scuffed 19"/20" sport wheels, this is frustrating, no thanks to Felvy and Uncle Paul ...there's lots and lots of posts about the 18" Aero wheels, but nothing but torment regarding the Tesla Model 3 silver 'Stiletto' sport wheels ...
After HOURS of dredging through the newsgroup archives and searching online:
- Tesla SuperStore sells Sonic Silver $29 for 14 oz bottle of PPG "OEM" touch-up paint
Tesla OEM Wheel Touch Up Paint
- QuikTouch sells Sonic Silver alloy wheel touch-up paint for $9.95 for a 12 ml brush applicator bottle
Tesla alloy wheel paint Sonic Silver | Quiktouch - Professional Car Touch Up Paint
However, Felvy states that Sonic Silver doesn't match the factory wheel paint, and no one has challenged his opinion despite multiple vendors implying that Sonic Silver is the OEM paint color.
- Brilliant Silver has been mentioned in posts, and apparently other versions of silver have been used on Model S/X wheels in the past (??)
- Dupli-Color EBFM03417 Silver Frost (a Ford color) appears to be popular for Tesla wheel touch-ups
- Dupli-Color also sells popular EHWP10107 Silver High Performance Wheel Paint in a 12 oz aerosol
So ... can someone accurately confirm the authentic paint color for the Tesla Model 3 19"/20" sport wheels, and tell the rest of us how to acquire the correct touch-up paint? The question has been posted - without being clearly answered - at least 5 times in recent months. We need facts. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of us Model 3 owners with scuffed 19"/20" sport wheels, this is frustrating, no thanks to Felvy and Uncle Paul ...there's lots and lots of posts about the 18" Aero wheels, but nothing but torment regarding the Tesla Model 3 silver 'Stiletto' sport wheels ...
After HOURS of dredging through the newsgroup archives and searching online:
- Tesla SuperStore sells Sonic Silver $29 for 14 oz bottle of PPG "OEM" touch-up paint
Tesla OEM Wheel Touch Up Paint
- QuikTouch sells Sonic Silver alloy wheel touch-up paint for $9.95 for a 12 ml brush applicator bottle
Tesla alloy wheel paint Sonic Silver | Quiktouch - Professional Car Touch Up Paint
However, Felvy states that Sonic Silver doesn't match the factory wheel paint, and no one has challenged his opinion despite multiple vendors implying that Sonic Silver is the OEM paint color.
- Brilliant Silver has been mentioned in posts, and apparently other versions of silver have been used on Model S/X wheels in the past (??)
- Dupli-Color EBFM03417 Silver Frost (a Ford color) appears to be popular for Tesla wheel touch-ups
- Dupli-Color also sells popular EHWP10107 Silver High Performance Wheel Paint in a 12 oz aerosol
So ... can someone accurately confirm the authentic paint color for the Tesla Model 3 19"/20" sport wheels, and tell the rest of us how to acquire the correct touch-up paint? The question has been posted - without being clearly answered - at least 5 times in recent months. We need facts. Thank you!

Aggressive much? Could've just ask me for a photo. If you feel this is a colour match then you're welcome to buy it from Teslasuper.store. Ignore my shitty paintjob as I was planning to sand and blend if it matched.
The alternate colour he sent was even darker.
image1.jpeg

Reactions: Supahr_Ed
this is what Tesla support sent me regarding the Sport Wheels..

cleardot.gif

Good morning Bill,

The Service Manager gave me this link for wheel paint as we do not sell it anymore:
Automotive Touch Up Paint from PaintScratch - Order Pro Grade Paint - PaintScratch.com
PMSS is the wheel color.

Have a great day!

Customer Support Tesla

So they are saying its
San Semeon Silver Metallic but I have seen it called Starlight Silver Metallic PMSS also.

Last edited:
Reactions: KD4MNI
Tesla 19"/20" "Stiletto" Sport Wheels paint color
Ditzler PPG #934427
Tesla Color Code PMSS - "Silver Metallic" / "Starlight Silver Metallic" (2012-2019)

From all of us, thank you for following up, Ompg Here's a useful resource your tip led me to:
Tesla Color Codes - PMSS model/year code PMSS Cross-Reference

In 2014, Tesla Light Metallic Silver wheels were Ditzler PPG 934722 "Sonic Silver Metallic" NEU-107E

Tesla apparently didn't designate official specific wheel paint colors after 2014, they went to body/package colors (??)
Ditzler PPG 934427 was adopted as Tesla Color Code PMSS "Silver Metallic" in 2012 and as "Starlight Silver Metallic" in 2015, both names have been used interchangeably for the same color)

(Ditzler PPG 934427 was also Tesla body Color Code PBSS "San Simeon Silver Metallic" in 2014 only, a different Tesla "San Simeon Silver" NEU-102E was used in 2013 as the original Tesla light silver trim color prior to Sonic Silver Metallic NEU-107E and darker Sonic Carbon Metallic NEU-106E in 2014)

Last edited by a moderator:
this is what Tesla support sent me regarding the Sport Wheels..

cleardot.gif

Good morning Bill,

The Service Manager gave me this link for wheel paint as we do not sell it anymore:
Automotive Touch Up Paint from PaintScratch - Order Pro Grade Paint - PaintScratch.com
PMSS is the wheel color.

Have a great day!

Customer Support Tesla

So they are saying its
San Semeon Silver Metallic but I have seen it called Starlight Silver Metallic PMSS also.
Has anyone tried this yet?