Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the expected map, there appears to be a Columbia SC in the plans... but I haven't seen/heard anything about it...

Anyone knows anything?

A Columbia SC would make trips down from Charlotte much easier... since now basically we in CLT would need to make a major detour and go to Santee...

Looking at the expected map, there appears to be a Columbia SC in the plans... but I haven't seen/heard anything about it...

Anyone knows anything?

A Columbia SC would make trips down from Charlotte much easier... since now basically we in CLT would need to make a major detour and go to Santee...
It used to have a "coming soon" dot but now it's just this year. I live 30-45 minutes from all the areas I think they could put one so if people find a permit or have a good hunch I can check them out. I have a couple ideas of where I think a good location would be but too many areas to just drive around hunting.

This location is definitely needed for those of us heading North up to the Upstate. Right now what I do is range charge at Savannah and then take back roads to Greenville. Santee is just too far out of the way if you are using 26, plus it's too close to Savannah IMHO.

The Columbia and Jacksonville locations will make a trip out of SFL much easier. Looking forward to hearing what anyone knows.

It used to have a "coming soon" dot but now it's just this year. I live 30-45 minutes from all the areas I think they could put one so if people find a permit or have a good hunch I can check them out. I have a couple ideas of where I think a good location would be but too many areas to just drive around hunting.
I would think a permit would be able to be found soon. I bet the crew doing Greenville and Asheville will do Columbia and Augusta next.

Anyone hear anything further on a Columbia, SC supercharger? It was on Tesla's map for 2015 and we're almost halfway through 2016 and still nothing. Santee is just far enough out of the way to be quite annoying for those doing the Charlotte to Charleston area beach trips. Given the 3 interstates that converge in Columbia, you would think it would be a high priority for Tesla.

As a side note, the wife almost nixed the Model 3 reservation, because of the lack of a supercharger in Columbia, SC. I was eventually able to convince her that even with Tesla's penchant for running late on things, there would be a supercharge in Columbia by the time the 3 was released. At that point, we'd be an all EV household.

Reactions: PStewart
As a side note, the wife almost nixed the Model 3 reservation, because of the lack of a supercharger in Columbia, SC. I was eventually able to convince her that even with Tesla's penchant for running late on things, there would be a supercharge in Columbia by the time the 3 was released. At that point, we'd be an all EV household.

I am pretty confident that we will have Columbia, as well as Augusta GA, Johnson City/Bristol TN, Beckley WV and a few others we are looking for by the time Model 3 ships.

Are Ruby Tuesdays getting chargers soon or is that marketing talk? I may have missed that memo. I really don't care for the zigzag detour to Santee every time I go north from Charleston. The ranger service now only one way but it's still $600 for any service for us in Charleston. Got to take her in in mid-August.

I could really use one in Columbia coming south from Charlotte. With an S60 getting from Charlotte to Santee is just slightly out of my comfort zone of having enough range buffer. Getting one in Columbia would make it very easy getting to Hilton Head or Charleston without the ridiculous detour I would have to take to use superchargers that wouldn't stretch my possible range.

Reactions: Drucifer